Just ventingSupport

Last Updated:

1. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can I just say that I hate the fact that I have used up about 80 MB of application storage (that's right, over 600 MB free), yet my phone insists on saying I'm low on space AND won't let me run Talk (and sometimes other apps) when the notification is up, AND it won't go away!!!!!

UGH!!!!

Do I really have to hard reset... AGAIN!!? :mad:

Advertisement
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member

Ive done 3 hard resets in the past 2 months with the last one this weekend....sucks since you cant backup the app data reliably w/o root. I tried my backup pro and it didnt backup anything except the app heh

3. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Would rooting fix this?

4. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member

Have you tried going to every possible location and deleting caches and extraneous emails, texts, clearing out trash and sent folders? Also I regularly go on Astro and clear out all those folders that carry attachments, etc, because they will sneak up on you. Also Gmail caches can lock up the phone, too.

I agree it's a total pain, and have already had to do a hard reset myself after receiving the dreaded "low on space" notification. Finally it froze my phone.

I'm just praying it doesn't happen again, because that's really the only real problem I've had with the phone, and I got it on launch day.

Good luck!!

5. patsfan1130

patsfan1130 Well-Known Member

Only happened to me once. I deleted a ton of texts...have not seen it since.

6. baciv

baciv Active Member

For me it was uninstalling Pandora and reinstalling... there are several threads on this bug (2 different ones on the front page atm), it's worth a search.