• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 folders and texting

I swear I did search the forums and used google-foo without luck. :)

The stock mail application in my XT860 is simple and I like the unified inbox that includes my email and text/sms messages all in one box / button - but Of course I wanted more.

• I'd like to be able to create email folders to move stuff to (campaign folder - save for future folder - research and respond... Can't find out how to do that in either stock email or K-9
  • I mentioned I like having text messaging in the unified inbox. Can't find out how to do that in K-9
I'm open to other applications - haven't tried maildroid yet...

Thanks for any guidance.

Rob!

Motorola XT860 And. 2.3.6

Thanks Diabo. The folder solution is great. Don't know why it didn't ocurr to me. The gmail thing is off the table for privacy reasons. I really don't mind google following me to provide more relevany advertising, but many of my customers and clients would be furious to know I was routing their contact information and mail content through a service that mines them for advertising purposes. I have to respect that trust, at least morally - if not legally.

So the logical followup to your post is a question about whether maildroid handles text messages. (Can't believe I've been spoiled by the stock app). :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones