• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kaspersky Phound app locked my Nexus 5

kkkvss

Lurker
Mar 27, 2015
I downloaded Kaspersky Phound app, , and had a tough time deleting. Once it was deleted, I was locked out of my phone. My screen lock pin did not work. Five tries and then wait 30 seconds. After most of the day in a panic.
I have not registered in the mobile yet, i just downloaded and tried to delete the app, was locked out of my phone.

Please help me in unlocking the phone

I downloaded Kaspersky Phound app, , and had a tough time deleting. Once it was deleted, I was locked out of my phone. My screen lock pin did not work. Five tries and then wait 30 seconds. After most of the day in a panic.
I have not registered in the mobile yet, i just downloaded and tried to delete the app, was locked out of my phone.

I have exactly the same problem. I wanted to delete Phound because it kept my phone going 'ting-ting' every 30 minutes or so. I sought help from Kaspersky who told me to go to settings...........How could I do that when my phone was locked and I didn't have the Pin to open it? I eventually went to my Samsung dealer who took over an hour to put it right, and coincidentally there was a woman there with the same problem. In my opinion there should be a warning before installing Phound as attempting to uninstall will lock your phone.
I just had the following email from Kaspersky, which is somewhat useless:
"Login into KPC portal and find your unlock code

Good luck and stay safe.

Alexander Ilin

unlock code

Good luck and stay safe.

Alexander Ilin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones