Keep using 2.1?Support

Last Updated:

1. owenxguo

owenxguo Member This Topic's Starter

My phone starts ask me to update to 2.2, what if I don't want to update? can I turn that automatic update thing off?

Advertisement
  2. DizkoDan

DizkoDan Well-Known Member

No. You'll just have to keep declining the update, if you don't want it. OS updates aren't really optional.

3. ilinimud

ilinimud Well-Known Member

I dont understand why people dont want to update. It brought me from using my phone every now and then, to not being able to put it down. Froyo kicks butt!

4. pucrepeap

pucrepeap Well-Known Member

I don't get it either. To each his own I guess.

But I do feel that the few complaints about the update is whats scaring people away. Much much more positive reviews than negative though, so I felt it smart to move forward. Glad I did.

5. Roger Zoul

Roger Zoul Active Member

Mine works great. I'm happy.

6. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I moved back only because of bugs I could not fix and which it didn't seem others were experiencing. I was using leaked froyo + multiple flavors of roms and kernels so who knows what the root cause of it all was... I am not blaming any of the rom or kernel devs, or google or even the app devs. I'm sure my situation was one of bad combinations of hellish proportion!

I'll wait till the OTA makes its way to my phone and see if the tru-blu OTA is better for me (I suspect that it will be; get a backup and move forward from that.

Honestly, I don't miss much with 2.1 that I had gotten used to with 2.2 and when I went to 2.2 it was kind of unspectacular. I have been so pleased with my phone since day 1 I think it would take a lot to give me a wow factor.