• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Kernel][GB] H426 - BDTweaks now on Google Play (06/24/13)

HKToolbox has been renamed to BD Kernel Tweaks and is now available on Google Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bd.tweaks

It has a lot of bug fixes, optimizations and now supports pretty much any phone. since this is a paid app now, I'll leave the HKToolbox 2.1 up in the first post for anyone that still wants it.

btw, If you install BDTweaks make sure you delete HKToolbox.apk from /system/app.

Upvote 0
HKToolbox has been renamed to BD Kernel Tweaks and is now available on Google Play here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bd.tweaks

It has a lot of bug fixes, optimizations and now supports pretty much any phone. since this is a paid app now, I'll leave the HKToolbox 2.1 up in the first post for anyone that still wants it.

btw, If you install BDTweaks make sure you delete HKToolbox.apk from /system/app.

Congratulations Bloodawn!

I remember back in the Prevail section one of the other developers (either Kouma or Inigo) saying that your work would ultimately lead to something that could work on a wide range of phones. Glad to see it come to fruition. This is quite an achievement.

Reactions: Bloodawn
Upvote 0
thanks guys, let me know if you have any problems with it.

Hey, just noticed there's an updated version on the Play store, so installed it. I then went in to check out what was even greater in this version, and noticed something That may or may not have been intentional.

All of my settings from the previous install were gone, and replaced with the defaults of the new version. I went back through and selected the settings I wanted, and everything is fine, but I think it might be nice to either keep the current settings when a new version is installed, or perhaps at the very least put up a screen that says "Please double check your settings, to make sure they haven't changed".

Or maybe that's overkill. People using this app SHOULD know what they're doing, right? :rolleyes: LOL.

Anyway, just a bit of feedback. Take it for what it's worth ($2.50, was it?) LOL (again). I kid, of course. It's a great app!

Upvote 0
Hey, just noticed there's an updated version on the Play store, so installed it. I then went in to check out what was even greater in this version, and noticed something That may or may not have been intentional.

All of my settings from the previous install were gone, and replaced with the defaults of the new version. I went back through and selected the settings I wanted, and everything is fine, but I think it might be nice to either keep the current settings when a new version is installed, or perhaps at the very least put up a screen that says "Please double check your settings, to make sure they haven't changed".

Or maybe that's overkill. People using this app SHOULD know what they're doing, right? :rolleyes: LOL.

Anyway, just a bit of feedback. Take it for what it's worth ($2.50, was it?) LOL (again). I kid, of course. It's a great app!

Possibly some things were changed that would not allow the settings to be carried over to the new version?

Edit. I just checked Play. There are only to of us who've left Blood some feedback. If you guys are using this app, hook him up with some good feedback. :D

Reactions: bpaulien
Upvote 0
Possibly some things were changed that would not allow the settings to be carried over to the new version?

Edit. I just checked Play. There are only to of us who've left Blood some feedback. If you guys are using this app, hook him up with some good feedback. :D

Thanks for the kick in the pants. I left a positive review. :cool:

We can always go with the "it's a feature" response.

Reactions: Bloodawn
Upvote 0

Weird. I didn't change anything that would cause settings to reset.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Upvote 0
I had a dream last night that there was a new version of this BDTweaks app! So I went to the play store and checked for updates.... No joy.

Then I checked this forum... Sigh.... I think it's been too long since I flashed anything on my Marquee! :eek:

But I just checked and my phone has been up for almost 7 days with no reboots or problems. That at least speaks well for the kernel! I may just have to go flash something though, I'm getting a little stir crazy.

Upvote 0
I had a dream last night that there was a new version of this BDTweaks app! So I went to the play store and checked for updates.... No joy.

Then I checked this forum... Sigh.... I think it's been too long since I flashed anything on my Marquee! :eek:

But I just checked and my phone has been up for almost 7 days with no reboots or problems. That at least speaks well for the kernel! I may just have to go flash something though, I'm getting a little stir crazy.

lol. in a few days the new update will be ready I think.

heres a screenshot of some of the changes:

screenshot-1374842775391.png

Reactions: tombob and bpaulien
Upvote 0
If I may make 1 suggestion (grammar related) this has bothered me since the first time I flashed the app from this thread... Under the "i/o tab" and the "fsync" control, where the description says "decrease the chance of data lose.... " shouldn't that be "data loss?"

I thought a private message would be more appropriate for this message than a reply to the post. However, when I attempted that, I was told that you don't have your account set up to receive PM's, so here it is, for all to see.

Upvote 0
If I may make 1 suggestion (grammar related) this has bothered me since the first time I flashed the app from this thread... Under the "i/o tab" and the "fsync" control, where the description says "decrease the chance of data lose.... " shouldn't that be "data loss?"

I thought a private message would be more appropriate for this message than a reply to the post. However, when I attempted that, I was told that you don't have your account set up to receive PM's, so here it is, for all to see.

Thanks bro. I'll change that for the next update.

Upvote 0
Running CTMod and installed the OC kernel about a month ago.

But I'm noticing now that my phone locks up every now and then (super slugish, won't respond for 10 seconds at a time, sometimes freezes up entirely), and I'm no longer able to get any sort of tethering app to work (built in or otherwise).

Should I hard reset and start over, or flash back to the non-OC rom?

Upvote 0
Running CTMod and installed the OC kernel about a month ago.

But I'm noticing now that my phone locks up every now and then (super slugish, won't respond for 10 seconds at a time, sometimes freezes up entirely), and I'm no longer able to get any sort of tethering app to work (built in or otherwise).

Should I hard reset and start over, or flash back to the non-OC rom?

You should be able to flash the non OC kernel and be good to go.

Upvote 0
You should be able to flash the non OC kernel and be good to go.

Does it make sense that the oc kernel would cause this?

Also, I'm having trouble with bloodawns links... The kernels, Hktoolbox... All coming back with file not found errors, both through the forum links and on my device using goo manager.

Is the server having trouble?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones