• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard Button Hold App

RTAdams89

Mar 8, 2010
I'm not even sure what to call this thread, so I had a hard time searching the market and threads here for what I need.

Back when I had my Treo 650, i had a program on it that would allow me to hold a keyboard button down, and instead of repeating the key over and over, it would cycle through the lowercase letter to the uppercase letter, to the symbol on that key.

I'm looking for something similar for my Droid's physical keyboard. Basically, I want to be able to be typing along, and if I press the "G" key get a "g", if I hold it for 600ms get a "G", and if I hold it for 1200ms get a "%". Obviously the hold times should be adjustable. Any ideas if an app like this exists?

I'm using Swype for my softkeyboard, and that works fine. But I prefer the physical keyboard for some things. Some situations make pressing the ALT key a pain. For example, entering an IP address: I either have to press alt before each number, or I can lock it on for three numbers, but then I have to remember to take it off to type the period and put lock it back on again for the next three numbers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones