• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keyboard Problem using "People" App

I notice the stock touch experience is a bit off for my nimble thumbs so I re-calibrated the portrait keyboard and now I get a much better response on those edge key presses.

As for it not working in Portrait mode, the HTC Hero with the Sense UI doesn't do a lot of native Android things in Landscape mode. The homescreens, People App, Calculator, Calendar, Clock, Footprints, Music, Phone, and Weather apps do not do landscape mode on the Android 1.5 Hero.

Also, everyone says another good thing to do besides re-calibrating the touchpad for your experience is to re-calibrate the G-Sensor as well since it has a placebo effect of making apps that do rotate to landscape a bit snappier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones