• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kingston 16 GB Class 2 microSDHC Flash Memory Card SDC2/16GB $19.95?

It's typically recommended that if you use it for movies or high quality music, to go with a class 4 or 6.

You do not need a class 4 or 6 to watch movies or music.

Really think about this. At 2 MB/s a 600 MB file will take how long to write?

What 5 mins? If you read the thread on the subject it is a lot quicker, more like 1 min and 40 some secs. But lets say 5 mins.

Now read speed is about 3 times quicker then write, but lets say that it is the same. You would have to watch a 2 hour movie in less then 5 mins, to reach the minimal speed of the card.

If you are watching a 2 hour movie in 5 mins. There is something really wrong.

A class 2 card will not slow down you video or your picture taking either.

In fact with the htc evo. Class 2 is all you really need.

The video is 5Mb/s. Class 2 card is 16Mb/s, 3 times the amount needed. Pictures are limited by internal buffer, not the card. Music and video will not be effect. The only reason you should get a class4 or 6 card is for apps, which probably will not see speed improvement.

Bottom line it is your money. Spend it as you like.

Upvote 0
You do not need a class 4 or 6 to watch movies or music.

Really think about this. At 2 MB/s a 600 MB file will take how long to write?

What 5 mins? If you read the thread on the subject it is a lot quicker, more like 1 min and 40 some secs. But lets say 5 mins.

Now read speed is about 3 times quicker then write, but lets say that it is the same. You would have to watch a 2 hour movie in less then 5 mins, to reach the minimal speed of the card.

If you are watching a 2 hour movie in 5 mins. There is something really wrong.

A class 2 card will not slow down you video or your picture taking either.

In fact with the htc evo. Class 2 is all you really need.

The video is 5Mb/s. Class 2 card is 16Mb/s, 3 times the amount needed. Pictures are limited by internal buffer, not the card. Music and video will not be effect. The only reason you should get a class4 or 6 card is for apps, which probably will not see speed improvement.

Bottom line it is your money. Spend it as you like.

I should have clarified myself, I apologize. I rarely will be recording pics or vids. I have a lot of TV Shows/Movies/Music on my PC. I change it out on my phone quite frequently. I don't want to wait 2 hours to load up 16 gb of content.

16000 MB at 2 MB/s = 8000 seconds / 60 seconds = 133 minutes / 60 mins = 2.2 hrs

whereas a class 6 would be:

16000 MB at 6 MB/s = 2666 seconds / 60 seconds = 45 minutes

And to your comment about class 2 being faster than 2MB/s:
Even though the class ratings are defined by a governing body, like

Upvote 0
I wish I would have seen this earlier. I bought a no named brand off ebay for $18.00. You should get this one. This is a good brand.

I'd be very cautious with purchasing usb drives and flash cards off of eBay. One of my friends has gotten burned by receiving media that appeared to be the size that was purchased but is in actuality smaller (PC says it's 16GB, actually 2GB). He tested the media with a program called h2testw to verify that it was a fake. Luckily he was eventually fully reimbursed by paypal since it was fraud.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
We have received your order for the KGSDMC16GB2A (KINGSTON 16GB MICRO
SECURE DIGITAL CARD), however we regret most sincerely that we need to
inform you that this was incorrectly uploaded to Our website at $19.95
- instead of the correct selling price of $39.95.

We appologize that you may be disappointed, however, we hope and trust
that the customers who were affected by this pricing error will
understand that this was a genuine mistake, and that you will accept
our deep apology that we are unable to accept your order for the card
at the previously published price.

In accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Web Site Use and our
Pricing and Availability Policy, we are left with no choice but to
cancel the affected orders. If you still wish to purchase this item,
please place a new order which will be charged at the correct price.

Any Pre-authorizations will be refunded shortly.

LAME!!!!!

Upvote 0
I have done back orders with them before. It never takes 10-14 days, at most it takes 1-5 days.
They just emailed this to me:
We have received your order for the KGSDMC16GB2A (KINGSTON 16GB MICRO
SECURE DIGITAL CARD), however we regret most sincerely that we need to
inform you that this was incorrectly uploaded to Our website at $19.95
- instead of the correct selling price of $39.95.

We appologize that you may be disappointed, however, we hope and trust
that the customers who were affected by this pricing error will
understand that this was a genuine mistake, and that you will accept
our deep apology that we are unable to accept your order for the card
at the previously published price.

So I'm not even sure if anyone is getting it.:thinking:

EDIT: tracerit beat me to it

Upvote 0

meh...that guy doesn't know what he is talking about. He probably made those test results up anyways :D

This is for you Bales

bearsharktopuswkanye.jpg

Reactions: BlackDynamite
Upvote 0
EDIT: It is NOT required to have anything higher than a class 2 if all you are doing is taking pictures or HD video with the phone itself.

The problem arises when you want to transfer files TO the SD card from your PC. Then it's recommended to go with a class 4 or 6. Since class 6 16gbs are still going for 60 bucks, I'm holding out till a price drop or sale.

Newegg.com - Micro SDHC, 16GB, Flash Memory, Memory, Computer Hardware

I just purchased a KingMax 16GB class 6 for $49.00 free shipping on ebay.

KINGMAX 16GB Micro SD SDHC Memory Card 16 GB Class 6 - eBay (item 120577266761 end time Jun-03-10 07:46:45 PDT)

Upvote 0
From another forum: I contacted sprint about this problem tonight, they told me they knew about it already. Sprint said the only phones that have this problem are the ones that google gave to their employees and to the reviewers. It was a software issue,apparently the issue was only with the first 2,000 phones google gave out. With the phones being released on June 4th, the software issue is resolved.

Grabbed from : HTC Evo 4G Could have a Defect with Included 8GB MicroSD Card - HTC Evo 4G Forum

That's the only thing I have read about the problem, hopefully it's true.

I believe sprint on this one, i heard the HTC Evo 4G they gave out were unlocked version. I'll be sure to test out the card first.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones