• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Known issues with the Galaxy Nexus

Battery capasity : "1d" = 24 hrs....
"Skjerm" = Screen

This is not the 4G version.

I see no screen times in any of those pictures. Am I missing them? Where it shows you the bar graph/percentage of battery being used by the screen, press. The exact and total screen time will then show up.

That said, I did not realize you had the HSPA+ version of the Nexus. That will certainly make battery life be less of an issue when compare to running the LTE in LTE/CDMA mode.

Upvote 0
I see no screen times in any of those pictures. Am I missing them? Where it shows you the bar graph/percentage of battery being used by the screen, press. The exact and total screen time will then show up.

That said, I did not realize you had the HSPA+ version of the Nexus. That will certainly make battery life be less of an issue when compare to running the LTE in LTE/CDMA mode.

Screen on-time is displayed as the percentage of the total up-time(on battery only) if I understand correctly. So you can easily figure out the actual screen on-time.

I did not bump this at the time of those shots, but I have checked this fact now as I have heavy use, and display total up time on battery 43 minutes, screen on time 36 minutes: 77% .

The amount of light used on screen is absolutely crucial regarding the battery issue.

Upvote 0
I am wondering if my issue can be resolved by me or if I should exchange my phone? After installing some apps, when I scroll to my Widget screens, at about the 3rd screen I get an error that says "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped". I am not sure if one of the widgets for an app is doing this but I doubt it. Cuz the problem still pursists even if I uninstall my recent apps. This has happened twice, I did a factory reset the first time and was resolved. Now it's happening again. I don't want to have to keep resorting to a factory reset just as a bandage solution. I have had this phone for only 8 days so I'm getting frustrated. I'm still withing the return/exchange window.
When I checked the script for the error the one that stood out was "illegal exception error". Why would this error occur simply from scrolling through my Widget screens? Now I can't do anything with my widgets without it crashing me out to my homescreen.

Upvote 0
Screen on-time is displayed as the percentage of the total up-time(on battery only) if I understand correctly. So you can easily figure out the actual screen on-time.

I did not bump this at the time of those shots, but I have checked this fact now as I have heavy use, and display total up time on battery 43 minutes, screen on time 36 minutes: 77% .

The amount of light used on screen is absolutely crucial regarding the battery issue.

That is incorrect. The percentage listed is the percentage of the spent battery life that the particular item has used. Screen on time is found when you press the bar on the bar graph on the screens that you showed. You can do this for any of the items and get more detailed information about that item.

Upvote 0
I have a problem when switching off of WiFi and going back to 3G. I'll have a perfectly fine 3G signal when I switch to WiFi, but when I turn the WiFi off, my 3G bars will be gray (and I can't use anything with data, so it's not just a graphical glitch) until I turn the phone off then on again, then my 3G bars are back in blue almost immediately and data flows fine. Anyone else? Input?

Upvote 0
I have had issues with the battery. Switching from the 1850 to 2100 I see how there could be issues, so now for the last 3 days I have only been using the 2100.

Despite many restarts, full charges and full kills the battery is still acting up.

It dies at 1% each time, yet when I plug it in it is around 40-47%.

It has to be a software issue as clearly the battery didn't charge from 1 to 47% in 2 seconds. And yes, it is charged, as I can unplug after quickly plugging it in and it will hold that 47%.

It also did this with the 1850 when I used that. I thought it may have been from switching back and forth between batteries but it doesn't look like that issue has been solved either

sux.

Upvote 0
Everything about my phone seems to be good, except I have dark lines and blotches in my screen which you can't really see unless you are in a dark room. I talked to warranty and they said I could take it to my nearest corporate verizon store and exchang it but they would mail me the replacement. B.S. Should I exchange it or ignore it?

Upvote 0
I have had issues with the battery. Switching from the 1850 to 2100 I see how there could be issues, so now for the last 3 days I have only been using the 2100.

Despite many restarts, full charges and full kills the battery is still acting up.

It dies at 1% each time, yet when I plug it in it is around 40-47%.

It has to be a software issue as clearly the battery didn't charge from 1 to 47% in 2 seconds. And yes, it is charged, as I can unplug after quickly plugging it in and it will hold that 47%.

It also did this with the 1850 when I used that. I thought it may have been from switching back and forth between batteries but it doesn't look like that issue has been solved either

sux.

I have noticed this a couple times too. It's not consistent for me, but it is weird. I don't think the GNex is the first device I've seen this on though.

Upvote 0
For the record.

First device died. Alarm woke me up in the morning, went about my business, when I wanted to check weather for my walk to work the device was off and wouldn't turn on. No matter what I tried (charge, remove battery) it was just dead. Verizon replaced it in 1 day.

Second device won't hold a signal long enough to make or receive a phone call. From the moment I turned it on.

Verizon is shipping my third device. Due to weekend I don't expect to receive it before Tue 10-Jan-2012.

My expectations are low that this device will be any better. Verizon won't refund my money without a $35 'restocking fee'. Since I've had it since 18-Dec-2011 they didn't want to consider a return at all, citing a 14 day return policy, which they're extending until 15-Jan-2012 due to holiday, etc.

I'm kinda hoping that the third device fails before then, otherwise I see myself spending an hour in the Verizon store every few days for the next year or so.

Upvote 0
Everything about my phone seems to be good, except I have dark lines and blotches in my screen which you can't really see unless you are in a dark room. I talked to warranty and they said I could take it to my nearest corporate verizon store and exchang it but they would mail me the replacement. B.S. Should I exchange it or ignore it?

I'm on my second phone because of this. Some call it banding. From my experience mostly all of these screens do this. Some more then others as I'm proof of this. My second phone does have some banding but no where close to the first phone. Just be warned that you will have to convince the Verizon store that it is indeed a manufacturer defect and only then they will swap it out. I had to convince them. He wasn't going to replace it until he went into the back and showed his district manager. Lucky for me the guy showed up while I was talking to the store manage or else I don't think I would have this second phone. Verizon really is one of the least likable companies to deal with for me. They always make me feel like I'm trying to pull one over on them. Show your loyal customers a bit more respect. At least the district manager was able to do this. To bad he's not there all the time.

Upvote 0
I searched for this all over but couldn't find an answer.

Is there a way to use music control when the phone is locked? For example, I would like to listen to pandora, and if I want to skip a song I don't want to have to unlock my phone, but when I press the power button the screen automatically goes to face unlock and no music control buttons appear. Can anyone help?

I believe this has to do with you using Face Unlock. That type of unlock bypasses all lockscreen controls (for example, quickly launching into camera instead of homescreen, accessing your notifications, etc.). I haven't tried Pandora, but I get lockscreen music controls with the normal slide to unlock setting. I assume it would be similar for Pandora.

Upvote 0
Got another bug... er, "undocumented feature"...

When I receive a popup text message in Handcent and clear it, the phone goes to the lock screen but the pattern is invisible! No dots! :eek:

Fortunately, I have gotten good at knowing where to draw on the screen to unlock it. Clearly an ICS issue. Anyone else notice this?

I absolutely love and hate this phone. We definitely need some updates asap.

Upvote 0
I just received my G-Nex yesterday.

When I tried to download 'My Apps' from Market, I got an error message "Cannot download due to an error". It happens every time regardless of the App I'm tried to download.

I then hit the back button and the download progress bar is there as if downloading the requested app. But it just stays there in progress forever and the "stop" button is ineffective, i.e. it does nothing.

Today Market doesn't even load. But none of these issues occur with other android phones.

This issue occurs regardless of location, signal strength or any other possibilities. Reboot does not fix. Problem resumes with exact same display of 'downloading' apps after clearing cache and Force closing.

Anyone help?

Upvote 0
I have a problem when switching off of WiFi and going back to 3G. I'll have a perfectly fine 3G signal when I switch to WiFi, but when I turn the WiFi off, my 3G bars will be gray (and I can't use anything with data, so it's not just a graphical glitch) until I turn the phone off then on again, then my 3G bars are back in blue almost immediately and data flows fine. Anyone else? Input?
Had exactly the same issue. Hours on the phone with Bell as well as Samsung and no resolution. Frustrating.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to throw out another "Slow USB transfer" trick that's worked for me. instead of dragging and dropping, I right click and select "Copy" on the file, or folder that i want to move. Then I right click "Paste" in the destination folder on the GNex and viola fast (or fast-ish) transfer every time. I confirmed this works with both the USB cable that came with the GNex and my USB cable that came with my DInc.

Upvote 0
How's about the poor quality control on the screen? I'm on my third nexus from 3 different stores and they all have some sort of coloration on the screen. First was awful, had banding. Second the whole top half was pale blue against white background.
My third still has blue in the bottom right hand corner but compared to the other two it was bearable. Everyone i know with a nexus has some sort of green,blue, or red coloration somewhere on your screen. Look for it, low light, white background. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

I have the same problem with my new galaxy nexus. Top pale blue against a white background.
I think all this new problems is related to google decision to make a curved screen.
It needs more than one or two generations to get mature or disapear as a bad idea.

Upvote 0
I have an audio clicking problem that's a little bit different from the one mentioned on the main post. Whenever I play music, the quality is fine when the screen is on, but as soon as I lock it, I start hearing weird clicks in the background that don't stop until I unlock the screen, making listening to music unpractical. The weird part is, this only has only happened with Google Music, Winamp, and Doubletwist. The audio clicking doesn't happen when I lock the phone while listening to Pandora or Spotify. Does anybody have any advice/solutions for me?
Thanks in advance! -n3rdvana

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones