Ladies and Gentlemen: CyanogenMod 7 on the Triumph

1. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

Well, I'll admit, I haven't had much sleep in the last few days, but it's definitely worth it. I figured I'd put that donation money to good use, right?

In any case, we now have CyanogenMod 7 booting on the Triumph! Now, before you get excited and ask me when can you download it, I have to admit: Pretty much everything isn't working... yet. However, this is a big first step. Once I do get everything working, you can be sure that I'll let you guys know. :)

However, to hold you over and whet your appetite, here's some pics of CM7 running on the Triumph:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Advertisement
    :
  2. merkuralex

merkuralex Active Member

And I was on IRC to see it happen! lol congrats man, job well done! keep up the good work.

-Coderah
  3. ceejay83

ceejay83 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    guiitardude likes this.
  4. tgpraveen

tgpraveen Well-Known Member

Awesome work man! Would be good to have a log of what doesn't work or what works (probably this will be shorter) :p

Anyways Keep up the good work!

Edit:- Is the FM Radio working in CM7. you will need a wired headset to test.
  5. isaac13

isaac13 Member

Awesome work man, we are getting closer. :D. In time we will have cm7.
  6. mantera

mantera Well-Known Member

That is awesome! Can't wait for the release... :)
  7. pitbrawlzant

pitbrawlzant Member

Can you tether with a non ad hoc network in CM7?
  8. rubejb

rubejb Well-Known Member

Awesome, can't wait to have the old-school TV off animation back. :)
  9. scottarbaugh

scottarbaugh Member

Great work! I haven't had the privilege of using CM7 yet, but I've heard many great things about it. Looking forward to putting this on my wife's Triumph when you're done.
  10. DincMT

DincMT Active Member

*claps hands*
  11. Mr_Coffee

Mr_Coffee Well-Known Member

Keep it up guys!
    Big Props!
  12. orrorin6

orrorin6 Member

I'm assuming nothing works due to not having the kernel source?
  13. JWhipple

JWhipple Well-Known Member

WOW! I just picked this phone up yesterday because T-Mobile was putting the screw to me - figured I'd live with AOSP Froyo - nice to see this milestone having been reached!
  14. mundane24

mundane24 Well-Known Member

nice but....

im noob! eh? it would be nice if there's a step by step rooting procedure designed specifically for triumph here in this forum. :)))) *a video or screenshots would be awesome too! im sure noobies like me would appreciate it... A LOT!!!

thanks in advance! :)
  15. wsimon

wsimon Well-Known Member

Wow! Good work Isaac! Can't wait to try it out
  16. rvarn1

rvarn1 Well-Known Member

isaac, I am guessing due to the lack of any kind of kernal source(aka drivers) is the reason why nothing works... or am i wrong on this? anyway, thanks for all the hard work!
    PS anyone who can answer that is free to chime in...
    Ricksta
  17. jntdroid

jntdroid Well-Known Member

google "gingerbreak.apk"

download and put on your sd card

go to settings>applications> check "Unknown sources", then go to Development and check "usb debugging"

if you don't already have a file manager, install Astro File Manager (or another) from the market

go into Astro, find the file you downloaded

install

run (might take a minute), it'll reboot

done.
    Rezanow and rvarn1 like this.
  18. mundane24

mundane24 Well-Known Member

thanks! :D
  19. uguu

uguu Active Member

Thanks for your hard work! I'm coming from an intercept so im looking forward to finally checking out CM7. I hope MMS will work since last I heard for the OV, MMS didnt work on CM7.
  20. idbl_fanatic

idbl_fanatic Well-Known Member

That was fixed
  21. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Great job isaac on the work!!! Saw a pic of TJ_Styles ported over miui for the x6 variant as well! Maybe he would be so grateful to port something over for the triumph? Looks like this phone was worth leaving contract after all!
  22. JollyRoger87

JollyRoger87 Well-Known Member

Beta tester!? I heard beta tester... I'm HERE! lol good work guys!:D
  23. uguu

uguu Active Member

whats the server/channel of the irc?
  24. baker39466

baker39466 Active Member

irc.freenode.net
    #triumphmod
    better have a good sense of humor :)

come join us!
    apsterling likes this.
  25. JohnnyCSx

JohnnyCSx Active Member

I'm so excited for this! I'll definitely try and donate what I can as soon as I'm able to. I just flashed CM7 on my Optimus to get a hang of it before this is released for the Triumph, can't wait!