• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Landscape keyboard terrible since 4.1.1 update.

StaggerLee

May 10, 2010
CA
I've been searching for a solution since the update and can't find anything, hopefully somone here can help. When I try to type into the Google homepage search box (using the Samsung native browser) my keyboard is barely usable in landscape. The first letter I type seems to be okay, but then keyboard always skips a space before it resumes typing. This means the word I am trying to type isnt a word since there is a space. Then, when I backspace the cursor will go back until it reaches the first letter I typed and stops, meaning it simply will not delete the first letter I typed, apparently assuming the text box is empty. The only solution is to close the keyboard out and reopen. Then I can delete the first letter and start over.
Back to the first issue, when the keyboard skips the space at the second letter (every time), there seems to be a stutter, like the keyboard is trying to catch up.
I have cleared the keyboard cache and performed a factory reset since the JB update without luck.
Anyone else? Anyone else think the Samsung keyboard is absolutely horrible? I have owned several android devices, this is my first Samsung, and it is by far the worst keyboard I have used including my old Blackberry Storm!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones