• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lapdock/tablet mode

Well not sure if there's an answer to this but...

How can you scroll sideways using your bionic in a lapdock?

I managed to get a lapdock from a guy that had one and got rid of his bionic. It connects fine but it doesn't have the old webtop mode. I discovered through various searches that it was discontinued back in ICS. With JB the lapdock goes into android tablet mode. So the problem I found is that tablet mode doesn't seem to work well without a touchscreen. Scrolling isn't an issue as much if I install a mouse and the scroll is up down. The problem is most apps (like the basic gallery app) scrolls side to side. Any idea how to do that without a touchscreen?

My prejudice is to always use a mouse with the lapdock. I find it very cumbersome to use without a mouse. I hit the left mouse button to select a point on the screen and then drag the screen to where I want it.

About the only thing I use the lapdock for is to show slideshows at a tabletop presentation. Just positioning the image on the screen from an Internet slideshow is horrendous without a mouse.

... Thom

Reactions: stwallers
Upvote 0
My prejudice is to always use a mouse with the lapdock. I find it very cumbersome to use without a mouse. I hit the left mouse button to select a point on the screen and then drag the screen to where I want it.

About the only thing I use the lapdock for is to show slideshows at a tabletop presentation. Just positioning the image on the screen from an Internet slideshow is horrendous without a mouse.

... Thom

thanks I'll try the click drag method. I was trying something like that with the touch pad and it didn't quite work. Every time I clicked on an image it selected the image to view instead of allowing me to use it as an anchor point for dragging.

I was hoping that I could try out the new remote desktop app in combination with this as a laptop to access my work computer. Not sure if it's going to work well. Sure would be a good value (free!) if it does work even a little bit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones