1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Large button

Last Updated:

1. txrxio

txrxio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there an app or widget that can be used to make a larger button? I'd prefer a 2x2 size that I can use to direct dial while driving rather than having to fiddle with the small 1x1 size, but anything bigger than the standard would be fine.

I've only found apps that make smaller buttons and one that makes me select subsequent options before I can actually call. I just want a large single press widget.

Advertisement
  2. FishDoctor

FishDoctor Well-Known Member

Have you checked out some of the car mode applications that are available. Some of those provide a screen gridded into something like 6 cells that are basically buttons for other application functions, including making calls.

For example, Car Home (http://www.appbrain.com/app/car-home/com.google.android.carhome) is free on the market.

3. DellyBelly

DellyBelly Well-Known Member

You could use desktop visualizer; basically creates a widget with whatever size and icon you want. It's on the market.

4. txrxio

txrxio Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Desktop visualizer works perfectly, thanks!

Carhome sounds useful too, I'll check that out too.

5. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

To take it a step further. Use desktop visualizer + WidgetLocker Lockscreen to put the direct dial shortcut on your lock screen. Especially useful if driving because you don't have to flick through uneccessary screens.