• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android split window

Hi,

I am on latest Android (Samsung smartphone) and I like to use multi window a lot, and it works great. I can have an app running at the top and another app at the bottom. There is a small horizontal line between the 2 apps that I can drag to increase and decrease the window size (if I make the height of the app at the top bigger then the app at the bottom gets smaller automatically). Sometimes I want the app at the bottom to have a very small height but unfortunatelly if I drag the splitter to a small height dimension, android will cancel the multi window.

The multi window with the splitter is awesome, but that's a really terrible decision to not allow an app to have a very small height and the other a very big height. And the problem is not with the app, because I am the developer of both apps and even setting minHeight to 1dp, Android never allows the apps to have a height smaller than 20-30% of the screen height. Why? Is there a way to fix it, something like in the Developer options?

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones