• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Large screen, but pocketable.

compare.jpg

Very near the same size of the iPhone 4. Large screen and easy in the pocket - much more so than the HTC Inspire.

Gotta love it!!

I've always said that there is way too much wasted bezel and extra space around the screen on phones. By cutting down on the borders you can have a large screen size without having a real large phone. In the future its gonna be all screen with extremely minimal borders!

Nah HTC phones look generic like they just pump them out of some press with small variations of the same designs. They still look and feel to me like when they used to be the generic phone maker that made the cingular/at&t branded phones without even a mention of the htc brand. I've tried to like alot of htc phones even purchased some but after a week or two I just can't roll with it.

Wow I wonder if the pictures are scaled accurate in the comparison. I have a feeling that the atrix is gonna be alot closer to the iPhone 4's size than the comparison chart above shows. Wait found some pics, given there is a case on the iPhone u still can get a good idea...
IMG-1148.jpg
IMG-1149.jpg

This is hands down the best phone coming out. Nothing besides iPhone 4 can touch this. Dual core chipset, 1Ghz ram, Hi res QHD display, 1930 mah battery, HD Video recording, fingerprint detection OMG This destroys the Nexus S which reviewers agree to be the best android phone out right now and is just so much nicer than the ugly droid bionic verizon is getting.(probably because MOTO is pissed at vzw for iPhone launch).

Upvote 0
I've always said that there is way too much wasted bezel and extra space around the screen on phones. By cutting down on the borders you can have a large screen size without having a real large phone. In the future its gonna be all screen with extremely minimal borders!

Nah HTC phones look generic like they just pump them out of some press with small variations of the same designs. They still look and feel to me like when they used to be the generic phone maker that made the cingular/at&t branded phones without even a mention of the htc brand. I've tried to like alot of htc phones even purchased some but after a week or two I just can't roll with it.

Wow I wonder if the pictures are scaled accurate in the comparison. I have a feeling that the atrix is gonna be alot closer to the iPhone 4's size than the comparison chart above shows. Wait found some pics, given there is a case on the iPhone u still can get a good idea...
IMG-1148.jpg
IMG-1149.jpg

This is hands down the best phone coming out. Nothing besides iPhone 4 can touch this. Dual core chipset, 1Ghz ram, Hi res QHD display, 1930 mah battery, HD Video recording, fingerprint detection OMG This destroys the Nexus S which reviewers agree to be the best android phone out right now and is just so much nicer than the ugly droid bionic verizon is getting.(probably because MOTO is pissed at vzw for iPhone launch).

I have to disagree wit the HTC sentiment in the Hand HTC phones feel spectacular. Their all aluminum and have that sweet soft touch feel on them. As much as I love this phone it looks like its all plasticky just like the complaints people had about samsung phones. How come the droid X and droid are aluminum but they made their superphone out of plastic?

Upvote 0
I find it amazing how everyone talks about how "sleek and refined" iphone is.

When I look at that.. I notice so much wasted space that just looks ugly.

I mean.. a 4" screen that only adds a little size on by comparison is insane.

Even looking at the captivate demo the other day.. I noticed while bigger than my moms ip4.. it still doesn't look that much bigger.

Amazing how the Iphones really fail to make use of their size.

Upvote 0
i'll stick to 3.7" - 4" screens. anything beyond that is too big for a phone.

I agree. Even being a taller person with big hands, I still like to be able to comfortably use my phone with ONE hand as much as possible. It's also nice if it fits well in my pants pocket.

A few millimeters width & height DO make a big difference.

Upvote 0
The Droid x is huge but my friends who own it don't mind the size. Although they could just be saying that lol

My brother inlaw has an X and he swears he loves it but when it is clipped to his belt it looks like a fanny pack. The X and the Evo are a little big IMO, but I do like the way the Evo looks.

For the record Gingerbread keyboard is a pain in the a$$.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones