• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Largest smart-phone yet, 6.1 inch screen.

I have some games I LOVE that I can't play on my Rezound because the screen is too small. Honestly this phone (and the Note II and Intuition) intrigue me... I honestly think I'd like to give that phone a try simply because I've been thinking about getting a smaller tablet (my current 10" is slightly too large to be really portable).

Upvote 0
I hate things that attempt to take the middle ground and end up not really being one thing or the other. Phones don't need big screens, Xperia U is plenty big enough for a phone. Tabs start at 7" hp to well... How big do you want. Personally I'd really like a 12"-15" tablet for movies. Plus, with a decent quad-core and 4Gb RAM I could use it for dev work. Just add a keyboard & Stand and.... It's a laptop.

Upvote 0
I hate things that attempt to take the middle ground and end up not really being one thing or the other. Phones don't need big screens, Xperia U is plenty big enough for a phone.

There are a lot of folks who won't agree with you. :p Really though, no reason not to have both. The market's big enough. However, there are already plenty of nice big phones. I'd like to see more capable small phones. ;)

Upvote 0
Wouldn't it easier for everyone if carriers just allowed voice enabled tablets? Jeez...

Some carriers don't care (mostly in places where prepaid is the norm). I remember buying a 3G USB adapter when I went on vacation to the Philippines and the software included with the adapter allowed me to send text messages and make calls through the computer.

Upvote 0
Some carriers don't care (mostly in places where prepaid is the norm). I remember buying a 3G USB adapter when I went on vacation to the Philippines and the software included with the adapter allowed me to send text messages and make calls through the computer.

This is pretty standard in most of the world. The US phone networks just operate on a backwards system where they want to totally control and brand every device they sell. It's bizarre, it's like Wal-Mart in the US selling food from Nestle but rebranding it as "Wal-Mart Chocolate Pro Mini Xtra by Nestle" and telling people they can only eat it during the morning.

Upvote 0
This is pretty standard in most of the world. The US phone networks just operate on a backwards system where they want to totally control and brand every device they sell. It's bizarre, it's like Wal-Mart in the US selling food from Nestle but rebranding it as "Wal-Mart Chocolate Pro Mini Xtra by Nestle" and telling people they can only eat it during the morning.

Don't forget that you must eat Nestle for the next two years or get slapped with a massive fee when you back out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones