• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Latest Custom Rom info please

I just hate to get rid of my now old Desire A8181. I rooted it in 2011 to run Cyanogenmod 7.1.0 Build Number GWK74. Android version 2.3.7.

I cannot find a Cyanogenmod update.

I have lost touch with latest developments in rooting the Desire but would appreciate a quick update on recommendations for a new or updated rom.
I have just replace a battery so it lasts a day with care, but memory issues are making it laggy - especially with Playstore and Google Play services etc.

As a pensioner I want to avoid replacing the Desire if I can because it basically does all I need.

Thanks,
Murray

I have not used my Desire for 18 months so am a little out of touch. The ROM list at xda (linked to in the Desire root guide thread) is probably the best place to look for recent ROMs. There may be a few people here who have tried them though.

What is your current setup? Although an old ROM dGB was always the best for internal memory if you are s-off & using one of Suroot's custom hoots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones