• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Latest i9100 modems

I'm sticking with LP6. My phone's been up for 38hr 55min, and 36hr 06min of that has been in deep sleep. I'm still at 41%. I LOVE this modem with Siyah x.11.

I've had both amazing and horrendous battery life with this modem, which shows that it's doesn't do anything for battery life on my phone :(

I've got LPB on AndyX ROM 4.1, looking good (though I am in the CBD atm).

Upvote 0
Nothing untoward on LPB for me so far.
Both signal and battery seem to be comparable with LP6.
Not noticed any huge difference with speed neither.

Much the same for me old fruit gum! :)

Signal tests etc; are almost identical to LP6.

The only sure fire way for me, to see conclusively if this is a keeper or not, is to force myself to go to the no signal pub, The Twilight Zone, and spend some time testing it there. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Much the same for me old fruit gum! :)

Signal tests etc; are almost identical to LP6.

The only sure fire way for me, to see conclusively if this is a keeper or not, is to force myself to go to the no signal pub, The Twilight Zone, and spend some time testing it there. :rolleyes:

Its a hard life old squire.
The things you put yourself through for the good of the team!

Upvote 0
finally tried what you said Ironass but still a no go on the LP6 front, it seems like my phone is married to KF2.

will try the new one but im not holding out too much hope

On the pub front, where i drink is a really old pub with walls about 2ft thick, no matter what modem i try the sgs2 really struggles (kf2 or kp8 aside) and yet my nokia n95 (also on 3) which i gave to the wife flies.

Upvote 0
LPB working fab. For the first time ever getting h+ in deepest darkest yorkshire. Previously this was unheard of outside of leeds. Unless they coincidentally upgraded the mast at the same time........

I must say that I'm loving LPB. Best modem so far for me. Data signal is excellent and because of this it's very battery friendly as it's not constantly trying to lock-on.

NB. For those not living in Yorkshire... H+ stands for, "Here be dragons". :eek:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones