• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root LauncherPro and Rooting.

I am currently thinking about rooting my phone and have been browsing and searching guides and recommendations about it and I was thinking of rooting and flashing LeeDroid 2.0 custom ROM and I was wondering whether flashing this custom ROM (or basically having the ability to flash ROMs) will make LauncherPro obsolete considering they have their own custom features and customization abilities? Or will it still bring a usefulness without cancelling out custom ROMs features?

Just a quick question which I haven't been able to find the answer too yet.

Thanks alot all.

LauncherPro is a launcher. Sense ROMS have Sense, Vanilla Android ROMs have Android Launcher. Its all down to preference really, but which ever route you go down, you will still need a launcher. Custom ROMS don't really give a diferent level of customization in regards to launcher, so if you use launcherpro now, you'll probably still use it on a custom rom

Reactions: Eris Ed and Tino
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones