• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Plus or ADWLauncher EX?

I just switched from LPP, where I was using a 3-screen setup (LP Calendar and Friends widgets full screen on one screen each & folder shortcuts on the centre screen), to Go Launcher EX plus Pure Calendar & Pure Messenger.

On the widget front, Pure Calendar and Messenger have loads more options that the LP widgets and they're skinnable, so no comparison there. Those 2 widgets are well worth the 3 or so quid I spent on 'em.

As for functionality, Go does everything I used LPP to do incl. animated screen transitions, swipe gestures & unread message notifications on the dock and has some extras (more functional app drawer & ability to move homescreens around in helicopter view).

I still have LPP installed (as I paid for it) but unless the future updates that the dev's got up his sleeve blow Go out the water, I think I'll stick with the switch.

Upvote 0
I just switched from LPP, where I was using a 3-screen setup (LP Calendar and Friends widgets full screen on one screen each & folder shortcuts on the centre screen), to Go Launcher EX plus Pure Calendar & Pure Messenger.

On the widget front, Pure Calendar and Messenger have loads more options that the LP widgets and they're skinnable, so no comparison there. Those 2 widgets are well worth the 3 or so quid I spent on 'em.

As for functionality, Go does everything I used LPP to do incl. animated screen transitions, swipe gestures & unread message notifications on the dock and has some extras (more functional app drawer & ability to move homescreens around in helicopter view).

I still have LPP installed (as I paid for it) but unless the future updates that the dev's got up his sleeve blow Go out the water, I think I'll stick with the switch.
Same here. Using Go Launcher and will probably get rid of LP completely. I put 9 screens, got different themes, changed apps drawer, love the easy one touch uninstall feature, helicopter view (Hello Sense UI), etc.
It works as smooth as LP. :)

Upvote 0
Completely agree with pure. Brilliant. Only annoyance between messenger and grid is the skins aren't all the same. Many are unique. Wonder if I can make my own?

Yeah, that annoyed me too. That, and the fact that the control bar is on top with the agenda widget and on the bottom with the messenger (my OCD kicked in when I saw that). Right now I'm using the Eclair skin so it's not that noticeable though.

Upvote 0
Sorry if it's answered in here somewhere but anyone know why shading in wallpaper looks banded in LauncherPro? Quickly tried the new MIUI build and it's blended nicely so must be something to do with graphics settings but don't know where to look to change it
In most non-Sense ROMs I've used, my wallpapers get distorted, like 16 million colors aren't being used but in Sense it's perfect and you can't see the gradiant shading that distorted pictures shows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones