1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

LauncherPro Plus People Widget Pic Quality?

Last Updated:

1. wad7719

wad7719 Active Member This Topic's Starter

This is on the Droid X, 2.1, non-rooted.

I have recently purchased LauncherPro Plus and placed the People widget on my home screen. Since none (but one) of my contacts had pics, it just shows the silhouette of a generic person...lame. So I added pics to all of my contacts via contacts > edit > use existing photo from the SD card. All pics were high res pics and look great on the phone (even in Contacts)...but not on the People Widget. All are grainy and look terrible.

The one contact that already had a pic from that person's Google account seems to look fine on the widget.

Anyone else run into this? Does anyone's People Widget from LPP have pics that look good? Bad? Is there a better way to add pics to contacts?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks.

EDIT: Now that I went back and re-applied the pics to the contacts, I see that at first they look fine on the People Widget, then after a few seconds the resolution just drops until they look terrible.

Advertisement
  2. wad7719

No one can even tell me if their contacts show good or bad looking photos in the LPP People widget?

3. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

Mine look fine.

wad7719 likes this.
  4. LadyBug_LaBate

LadyBug_LaBate Active Member

Mine are uploaded from facebook using the free app "SyncMyPix" and the quality of some of my contact's pictures are okay, and some are grainy. When I first got LauncherPRO the pictures were terrible!! But somehow after a week or so of using it they got better. So maybe you just have to wait it out, and maybe SyncMyPix can help.

wad7719 likes this.
  5. atmasters

atmasters Well-Known Member

I found the same thing but I left my phone over night charging and the next day they were fine. I use facebook as well using SyncMyPix but I also use my own photos. Give it a few days to see if they clear up..

wad7719 likes this.
  6. wad7719

Thanks for the input. I deleted them all off....but I'll put some back on and give it a few days and see what happens.

Thanks again.

7. gilbequick

gilbequick Well-Known Member

Same initial situation: People widget with no pics of people.

I went and dl'd pics off of facebook and saved them to my SD card. Then went and added all of the pictures to my contacts.

Reloaded the people widgets and they all loaded fine, not grainy. I think the key to good pictures on the people widgets is not having a zoomed out picture. The pic sizes are small so keep your contact pic zoomed into the face, or from the shoulders up and I bet you'll see better detail.