• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LauncherPro Plus People Widget Pic Quality?

wad7719

Jul 7, 2010
This is on the Droid X, 2.1, non-rooted.

I have recently purchased LauncherPro Plus and placed the People widget on my home screen. Since none (but one) of my contacts had pics, it just shows the silhouette of a generic person...lame. So I added pics to all of my contacts via contacts > edit > use existing photo from the SD card. All pics were high res pics and look great on the phone (even in Contacts)...but not on the People Widget. All are grainy and look terrible.

The one contact that already had a pic from that person's Google account seems to look fine on the widget.

Anyone else run into this? Does anyone's People Widget from LPP have pics that look good? Bad? Is there a better way to add pics to contacts?

Any advise would be great.

Thanks.

EDIT: Now that I went back and re-applied the pics to the contacts, I see that at first they look fine on the People Widget, then after a few seconds the resolution just drops until they look terrible.

Mine are uploaded from facebook using the free app "SyncMyPix" and the quality of some of my contact's pictures are okay, and some are grainy. When I first got LauncherPRO the pictures were terrible!! But somehow after a week or so of using it they got better. So maybe you just have to wait it out, and maybe SyncMyPix can help.

Reactions: wad7719
Upvote 0
Same initial situation: People widget with no pics of people.

I went and dl'd pics off of facebook and saved them to my SD card. Then went and added all of the pictures to my contacts.

Reloaded the people widgets and they all loaded fine, not grainy. I think the key to good pictures on the people widgets is not having a zoomed out picture. The pic sizes are small so keep your contact pic zoomed into the face, or from the shoulders up and I bet you'll see better detail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones