• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What would you rather have???

• Stock 1.5

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • A DEV ROM

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Leaked Ruu 2.1

Votes: 38 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So if this file deson't require root, does it still allow the easy removal of Sprint bloatware? Is it still considered "rooted" then? We don't know if "The official Sprint 2.1" will allow the easy removal, correct?

no it doesnt requiere root, and it wont b considered rooted, but i dont have answer for your othere questions!

Upvote 0
If you root your phone and then install the RUU file when your phone reboots it will not be "rooted". This file completely wipes the phone.

Now the reason I used quotes is that this is still a test build, so it is rooted, just not rooted the way you need it to be. Once it is finished rebooting and you have it up and running, go through the normal process to root it. Then you can delete the stock apps.

Upvote 0
if you want to install the file just connect you phone to the pc. ant then run the file, follow the steps AND you would have 2.1 running!!

I had major doubts and have been waiting for Sprint's official 2.1, but decided what the hell... This took about 10 minutes or so all together, and so far everything is fine. Just restoring apps right now. I'll report any good/bad I find. Seems the phone is running a bit hot, but that could be from all of the activity it's had in the past 1/2 hour or so.

Upvote 0
Only problem I'm having after updating is that I can't seem to link my People contacts to Facebook. I see the option to link a contact to Facebook when I select them, but it doesn't list any of my Facebook contacts. Just a search screen that always says "No results"

Update: Although I thought I pushed a sync, apparently I didn't. The contacts are now showing their corresponding Facebook pictures.

Upvote 0
I believe it is in the 10th post on this thread. If that doesn't take you to it, go to the CDMA Hero section of xda forums, there is a thread there with it.

I would post the link myself, but I don't wish to be hit with the ban hammer if it is still taboo. I think everything is ok now since Damageless himself released it after the dust settled yesterday, but I want to be sure first. :)

Edit:
Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but I rebooted after doing the RUU myself. Pinch to zoom did indeed work on Sense UI also.

Im very scare to do this to my phone. lol

Upvote 0
Im running a 100% fully functional 2.1 ROM and this RUU is not even close to being as good as what im running. Dont see what all the fuss is for. There are several things not in this RUU that are in the custom ROM im running. Screw sprint, as I see it, the devs on XDA have brought what they couldn't and then some.

The difference is, every custom ROM has problems, without exception, and if you want to call them about it - well, they don''t have to answer your call ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones