• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Leaker has achieved root!

Yea, to me it would be very odd if someone made all of this up. I dont see much point into faking it. But i guess stranger things have happened.

If it were not for pointless things going on, perpetrated by walnut sized brains in this world, there would be nothing to write about in the papers or report on the 10 o'clock news.

Upvote 0
People claim to do things like this a lot. It's NOT new. I think some do it just for their own fun.... They can sit back and laugh at the people who try. Hell, one guy has broke his SD card's slot, or at least the release mechanism !!

In the end, dc_striker and hairston can walk away from XDA knowing their little secret. The next day, they sign up as new users and continue on like nothing ever happened.

Upvote 0
you dont see the point of faking it? are you kidding? right now this guy is the most popular person on the internet.........

questioning the method is pointless...... the method works on other phones

it just doesnt work on the eris

Far from kidding.. Just seems very childish to fake something over the internet like that. You have to be a complete loser and not have much of a life to make something up like this.

Upvote 0
idk whats going on... hairston is claiming to be willing to meet up with people to try and help them out...
On the big, wide internet, that's an easy offer to make, knowing the odds of someone being close enough to be practical is pretty slim. Of course, I recall seeing at least (2) people from his area take him up on it. Let's see if anything pans out.

And, still being the skeptic, after he does meet up and try, it's easy to say "hmmm, I guess it won't work with your phone/SD Card".

Upvote 0
First, he'd have to show up... Second, after 15 minutes of "trying", gives up. That's "alot of work" ?

For someone to take time out of there day to meet someone to act like they can root their phone for absolutely no reason at all.. Yea thats a lot of work to pull off a hoax. Why in the world would someone go through all of that trouble to fake root? I'm assuming you've done something like this since you think that this is normal?

Upvote 0
How 'bout this ? I'll enjoy my rooted phone and you sit tight here and wait for this method to be repeated. Otherwise, shall I come back in 2-3 days, a week, or a month and say "I told you so" ?

Go to the XDA thread. Look for the long-time Eris developers and see how they're participating in that thread. Wait, they're not...

Upvote 0
How 'bout this ? I'll enjoy my rooted phone and you sit tight here and wait for this method to be repeated. Otherwise, shall I come back in 2-3 days, a week, or a month and say "I told you so" ?

Go to the XDA thread. Look for the long-time Eris developers and see how they're participating in that thread. Wait, they're not...

I lol'd :D

Upvote 0
Whether or not this is indeed a fake or not, i think we should have root soon. Theres hundreds of people working on it right now as apposed to the 3 or so before the post. So its not exactly hurting anything even if it is fake. Theres so many ways he couldve faked it, and i think he realizes we know that. So we may as well trust him and try some work on our own while we wait for him to post a more detailed guide, as he said he would soon.

Upvote 0
Hairston is going to post his version of it soon, so ill try that once it gets posted. And also, a few people have managed to get about 3/4 of the way there using a 1gb class 2/4 sd card. At that point we just need to find a way to expand the 2-3 second window to allow us to push the files. We're soooooooo close its heartbreaking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones