1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Let's see your XOOM Desktop Home / Wallpaper

Last Updated:

1. z28fun

z28fun Member

ok, i'm having the same problem now that jcolt is having. I'm using ulead to make the icon's/text. in ulead i have the graphic saved at 150x50, but it comes out to small on the xoom using DV. What size should i save the graphic so its big enough for me to see on the xoom?

Advertisement
  2. ghoticov

ghoticov Well-Known Member

I made my icons 800 pixels wide, can't remember the height (I'm not at my home laptop to see). You have to remember though that the icons will be resized to whatever widget size you use in Desktop Visualizer.
  3. ghoticov

LOL

Well, I have to give a lot of credit to a guy name CZonin on a few other boards. He inspired what I have and pointed me to the Minimalistic Text widget.

And mine doesn't win, everyone has their own taste. :)
  4. ghoticov

Minimalistic Text can be buggy at times, I assume it is because it is not optimized for Honeycomb yet.

One way I got around mine not showing up on my home screen was I created the widgets on a different screen and the dragged them to my main screen. I created them one by one on my far right screen (since I don't use it for anything). They all seemed to show up that way and I have had no issues.
    jokeefe10 likes this.
  5. jokeefe10

jokeefe10 Well-Known Member

rebooting it seemed to do the trick. i haven't had a problem adding and editing since.
  6. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

How did you do those screen captures?
  7. ghoticov

Oh boy... lol

That is something that is out of my league, I needed A LOT of help to do it. Basically you have to install the Android SDK on your computer and then plug the xoom up, it will show as a device and you can choose "Device" then "Screen Capture".

You do not have to be rooted but you have to install the Android SDK and the latest Java. If you do a search on the XDA Xoom forums there is a huge thread there on it and it will explain it.
  8. Tech Addiction

I couldn't ask a favor could I, I would like to get your Wallpaper but with the XOOM/Moto logo moved up about two lines of the text that's showing behind it. I want to add links below it but the logo is about a 1/4 in too low. If not no biggie. Thanks for all of the help with these desktops. I'm sure you have created some Monsters, me included LMAO.

Nevermind, I edited it in MS Paint.

Attached Files:

9. jokeefe10

I was thinking about moving the xoom as well. Can you post yours too? Lol
  10. ghoticov

Nice!

I actually thought about making just TEXT icon links instead of the buttons look... just haven't done it. Not sure if I will though but yours looks nice!
    Tech Addiction likes this.
  11. T-Slice

T-Slice Active Member

I know this is sorta tasteless, but would you be willing to p
    sandman21 likes this.
  12. ghoticov

Attached Files:

T-Slice, z28fun and Droid Ninja like this.
  13. Droid Ninja

Droid Ninja Well-Known Member

anyone else having trouble installing Desktop Visualizer to the Xoom?

Its HERE on AppBrain but when you click "Download directly from the android market" it comes up as not found.
  14. Tech Addiction

If this doesn't work, I will have to load it to PhotoBucket when I get home.

Attached Files:

• Tron.jpg
      Tron.jpg
      File size:
      633.6 KB
      Views:
  15. jokeefe10

thanks for the files guys! as soon as i'm done i'll post a screen shot.

Droid Ninja, i think i downloaded it from the web-based app market. if that doesn't work try pulling the apk file from your phone and push it your xoom
  16. ghoticov

rohdawg11 likes this.
  17. RickInHouston

RickInHouston Well-Known Member

How many different apps can you put in the folder? Will it continue to expand or is that box the max size???
  18. ghoticov

It will expand.
    RickInHouston likes this.
  19. verditsgerman

verditsgerman Active Member

Getting so frustrated trying to get the widgets to show up. Have tried probably 30 times and have got one to actually show up. Anyone got a tip?
  20. Zykhan

Zykhan Member

OK I must be special. I'm used to dealing with what Apple says I can do. I've got everything done but the widgets(games,Inet,etc) is there anywhere that steps it through? I've got dv, your icons, and mt but can't figure this out
    Sweet setup btw
  21. verditsgerman

verditsgerman Active Member

I've tried naming each widget and saving them with the same name, creating them on an empty screen, etc. Argh.
  22. ghoticov

You guys have to just keep trying. Its hard to explain how to do it. It took,me a day to figure it out then it just clicks. I had to create my MT widgets on a blank screen ( I only use one screen, the center one). Once I created them I dragged them to the main screen. Mt is buggy, probably because it is not optimized for Honeycomb but it will work.
  23. Zykhan

Zykhan Member

I have the batt and date,etc going. Its the rest I'm having issue with. Getting the games, net, part
  24. ghoticov

Here is my latest, I believe this is my final one :) Here is the main screen:

[​IMG]

And here is what it looks like when I click on the GAMES, MULTIMEDIA, SOCIAL, APPS or TOOLS Widgets (Widget is CircleLauncher):

[​IMG]

I was using APS Organizer for the pop up before but it was horizontal, I really like the way CircleLauncher launches it as a circle and it is centered on the wallpaper.

I am not even using any of my other 4 screens, everything I need is right on the main screen. Once the twitter and facebook widget work, I may put those on one of the screens... who knows.
  25. ghoticov

You are having a problem with DesktopVisualizer and APs Organizer? That was the easy part to me... I had a hard time with the date, time, battery and day widget (Minimalistic Text).