Let's see your XOOM Desktop Home / Wallpaper

1. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Did they remove folders from the Xoom? I haven't figured out a way to add a folder to the home screen using the built in functions.
  2. jokeefe10

jokeefe10 Well-Known Member

ok i've been busy with work so i haven't had a chance to play around much with my homescreen. i was just trying to add the icons that you zipped for us (thanks again) but when i add them using desktop vis they come out really small. is there a way to resize them?
  3. ghoticov

ghoticov Well-Known Member

I'm not sure.
  4. ghoticov

Your desktop resize them or they are sized badpsed on the widget size you use. All the icons are 80 x something so they are plenty big enough.
  5. RickInHouston

RickInHouston Well-Known Member

Here's my first try at this:

[​IMG]

and this:

[​IMG]

I guess that didn't work! Ooops, that little 'Airport Mania' guy is errant. Gotta delete him to the left.
  6. ghoticov

I like how you edited your Tasks. lol

Is that ABC's pretty good? I thought about getting it for my kid.
  7. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

What agenda widget is that? Looks like an LP widget. You have Launcher Pro on there?
    alexanda likes this.
  8. RickInHouston

The Kid's ABC Letters (paid version) is pretty good - not great. I'd like to find a good letters tracing program so he can get better forming his letters.

It is LauncherPro Plus with blanks in the dock to make it disappear. I use LaucherPro for my phone and this Agenda is better than anything out there. As you can see it syncs tasks from Outlook 2007 (all done behind the scenes with CompanionLink). This is the only way I remember birthdates or appts.
  9. ODog2323

ODog2323 Well-Known Member

Cool, does LP speed up the UI a bit Like it does on phones? Looks like the stock widgets are still available too, eh?
  10. RickInHouston

I think launcher slows it down a tad. All other widgets still work. I've read launcher makes them resizeable.
  11. Zykhan

Zykhan Member

like i said earlier im android impaired, anyplace i can get the steps?
  12. ghoticov

Read this whole thread, I am sure it is explained here somewhere. If not, head over to the XDA forums and there is a HUGE thread on it there (under the Screenshots thread).
  13. Jbart15

Jbart15 Well-Known Member

@ghoticov how did you get text for desktop visualizer Apps such as games and multimedia etc...
    I can't find a icon pack for it
  14. gobluejd

gobluejd GOBLUE! VIP Member

marctronixx likes this.
  15. ghoticov

I made those and I posted the zip file for them in this thread somewhere.
  16. Zykhan

Zykhan Member

Like the circle launcher too. What sixe did you make the icons, it keeps saying the icon is too large (same pack that was posted earlier in the thread)
    marctronixx likes this.
  17. cloudiehead

cloudiehead New Member

So, I am hoping someone can help me out. I finally got the MT to work ( i had to uninstall ADW) But now, I am having trouble moving the widgets as close to the edge of the screen as I would like them. I am assuming this is a limitation of honeycomb, because the tiny little plus signs that show up while youre moving things are easily two inches away from the screen edge. But problem number two is the size text that I want has a much bigger widget box than it really needs to have, meaning I wont be able to stack anything, or put them close together because the widget around the text is so much bigger, even if I use the smallest widget possible.....
  18. ghoticov

If I remember correctly, I resized them to 200 pixels wide and then they worked.
  19. SirLance99

SirLance99 Well-Known Member

Ok I see it on most peoples Xooms now. What is the little android icon on the bottom right in the notifications area?
  20. p8ntballah21

p8ntballah21 Well-Known Member

Thats the icon for debugging
    marctronixx likes this.
  21. kennell

kennell Member

Thanks for pointing out the CircleLauncher...very cool. I'm still having issues getting the minimalistic text widget to show up on my xoom's desktop. I choose a widget to add (4x2 in this case), set up all the preference items and save...then nothing. Am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  22. rjoudrey

rjoudrey Well-Known Member

Some Ghetto screenies!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Done with LPP, etc.
    marctronixx likes this.
  23. ghoticov

MT is very buggy and seems to works at time and other times it doesn't. Good news is, once you get it to work it stays.

Try creating the widget on a blank desktop (not where your other widgets are) and then dragging them, once created, to your main desktop. That worked for me.
    kennell likes this.
  24. kennell

kennell Member

Thanks for the suggestion ghoticov...still didn't work for me. I guess I'll just keep trying.