• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lets us peek at your Screens!

Can't decide.... Live Wallpaper is latest WeatherBug Elite 2.4.364

easyeee-albums-evo-picture1502-weatherbug002.jpg

easyeee-albums-evo-picture1503-weatherbug003.jpg

Upvote 0
This is too complicated, I give up. I'm not too happy about it either, I do wish someone will develop a screen capture app without the need of rooting. I'm taking no chances.

You don't need to root.

I'm not rooted.

It is mentioned in this thread, somewhere. I take them after downloading, installing and updating the Android SDK. I'd explain it, but I really am not overly familiar. I followed the instructions in this thread.

And yes, it's a mind boggler you can't snap a screen shot on un rooted phones and send them to your friends.

(
post_old.gif
07-07-2010, 01:35 AM ) Download the Android SDK, install Java (I had to move to to Program Files (64bit version) as it didn't find it), enable USB Debugging mode and run DDMS in the tools folder, then screen capture. :)

How to take screenshots on the HTC EVO 4G | NationLink Wireless

Upvote 0
I'm not sure which file you're using, but the one I used and posted in this forum can be found HERE.

In order to flash that file you have to have a custom recovery installed, and you will have to be fully rooted to do this. I would recommend following the instructions in the Idiot-Proof Root Guide thread. There they will walk you through flashing the ClockworkMod recovery.

Once you boot into your custom recovery, you should have the option to flash .zip files from your SD card. Select the font zip file and let your EVO work it's magic. Reboot and enjoy your sexy new font.

There are few other ways I found to change your fonts as well, but I couldn't personally recommend either.
Type Fresh will allow you to change your fonts through the app's interface. It worked for me once, but every time after that it would send me into a boot loop. I was fully rooted at the time and am not sure if you can use this with unrEVOked root. The other is MetaMorph. I haven't tried or used this at all, so I can't really comment on it other than it's available for you to research if you so choose. I'm sure there are others, these are just examples of methods I've found.

Hope this helps.

Thanks alot for the quick response, i tried the later two solutions with no luck, now i'm going to give your first instructions a try. I have one question though, if i flash the clockworkMod rom will I loose everything? meaning will i have to reinstall all my apps again etc..? Once again thanks

Upvote 0
hey newone, could you help me with this background? I found this ealier on diviant art in blue and I think orange if I remember. do you have this in a way I could change the background colors? like a psd file or something? I'm a total photoshop noob. even just this black might be nice if that's all you have. thanks in advance.

Yea i used the blue one. In photoshop just go to image, adjust, hue and saturation, and drag saturation all the way down. Then u can play with brightness and contrast. Too.

Reactions: Drew5150
Upvote 0
This is too complicated, I give up. I'm not too happy about it either, I do wish someone will develop a screen capture app without the need of rooting. I'm taking no chances.

darth close that window.

MAKE SURE USB DEBUGGING IS ENABLED ON YOUR PHONE.
diconnect phone from usb. reconnect.
go to SDK FOLDER you extracted to your desktop find file TOOLS

open it. then find ddms double click and a black developers window will open. WAIT A FEW SECONDS ANOTHER WINDOW WILL OPEN!!!!! find you device. click on it. now on the top of the window there is settings or something. click screen capture

Upvote 0
Might as well add mine up here since I finished it for the moment. Probably end up changing by next week, but it is nice to be able to. The white BG blends with the forum white, but you can see still.

Beautiful Widgets
SwitchPro
AudioManager Pro
Bettercut (for icons)
Smooth Calendar
Mini Info Widget

Home:
EVO-1-Home-17Jul10.jpg

Left:
EVO-2-Left1-17Jul10.jpg

Right (one):
EVO-3-Right1-17Jul10.jpg

Right (two):
EVO-4-Right2-17Jul10.jpg

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks alot for the quick response, i tried the later two solutions with no luck, now i'm going to give your first instructions a try. I have one question though, if i flash the clockworkMod rom will I loose everything? meaning will i have to reinstall all my apps again etc..? Once again thanks

If you follow the tutorial, you flash the PC36IMG.zip before the recovery image. Flashing that .zip will wipe out all of your existing data. I recommend using Titanium Backup as suggested in the tutorial to back up all of your apps and date beforehand. Good luck!

Hmmm font isnt exactly the same

As stated by Effluent, it is Digital Clock Widget. The system font im using is Comfortaa.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones