• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Eve - no display

My wife's phone also has this problem, it's a huge pain because the Rogers sales guy was the one who reccomended the phone to us. He even tried to get me to take it over the HTC Magic I bought the same night (So happy I didn't listen there), but she's has this problem constantly.

The first time it happened she went in and the sales person told her it's a rare issue and that she just has to remove the backing, battery, and sd card, to reset the phone. But now it just happens so often. Sometimes it won't happen for a week, but other times it'll happen every 20 minutes. It ALWAYS happens is she tries to use the MP3 player on the device.

If LG really has fixed the phone there should be some communication to currrent LG owners to let them know. I guess I'll contact rogers and see if we can get a replacement now that they've said the issue is resolved.

Upvote 0
Just pick a brand new Eve today near montreal at Rogers.

Also got that sleeping like a rock screen problem.

It happen pretty much each time I connect the phone to a pc with the usb cable.

I guess the trick is to not let it go to sleep.
Bought the phone a noon today and it froze like 3-4 times.

android 1.5
firmware 10c

I wish I would have seen that thread before. :(
Hope that the new upgrade due for this spring will solve the problem.

Upvote 0
i got my phone approx 3 weeks ago and was told by rogers that this was fixed by lg on the last batch. so i hope i'm in the latest batch (fingers crossed)

i have had my first encounter of 'no display' after having the phone for now 2 mths.it was working fine before this occured and no recent apps were installed. could not wake the phone up. i had to pull the battery and restart phone then when the phone booted up said 1 call missed in tool bar, so the phone was sort of working? i hope V 1.6 resolves this !! if not i'm going to have to bring the phone to rogers to be sent out to LG repair center. i'm not liking that. :thinking:

Upvote 0
You do not have to wait for 1.6... I had the exact same problem and I updated to 1.5 version 10f and I don't have this problem anymore. Check for the update on the LG web site.

how did you manage to get 10f installed ? i tried and my connection keeps dropping out when the android splash screen & sound comes on?

my quote from another thread:

that's amazing you got yours to update to 10f brit; i now tried it on 3 different computers (2 on win xp and other on win vista) same thing so phone related i presume. the update is ready to install however it drops the connection on when the android splash screen is up and you hear the music on booting. this is really annoying. i even tried pulling out the sd card to see if that helps,nope. i wonder if the the 1.6 update from rogers will correct this and beef the software to at least 10f. i sure hope the o/s update is over 3g and not a download to give us more usb connection grief.

Upvote 0
I fixed it, but it requires some linux/ubuntu know hows, so i'll state it here anyways for anybody who knows what they're doing.

we simply had a corrupt ROM in our phones. What I did was backup my system using Nandroid on my Ubuntu partition (has to be linux at the moment, can't do it on windows) and then I had two other partitions that I got from xda, system.img and boot.img. and then rebooted in fastboot mode (Turn phone on, wait 2-3 seconds, press space) and did:

"fastboot erase system" and repeated with all the other partitions to wipe the phone clean.
and then "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and "fastboot flash system system.img" and got the phone back to factory settings and that LED screen going black when i return from standby was fixed !

I even reinstalled all the apps I had on my phone before the format and the phone has been up for about a week without a single battery pop !

I got Nandroid-eve and the other tools from the thread over at xda.

Please only do this if you know what you're doing, and do it at your own risk.

I have noticed the same thing. I did the same as madmack. Rooted my phone with the packages from the good people over at xda and I have not witnessed the problems everyone else is having with their phones. I really doubt calling Rogers support and informing of this will help, since rooting your phone is a bit of a security risk.

gl

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones