• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG G Watch R Problems

tksuther

Jul 1, 2010
I'm on my second G Watch R with problems and thought I'd share this chat session I had with LG. Has anyone else had issues? I'm bummed :(

Orlando:
Welcome to LG Electronics U.S.A. Support only. How may I provide you with excellent service today?
Me:
hi
Orlando:
good afternoon
Me:
I have a new G Watch R and I have a few questions
Orlando:
how may i assist ?
Me:
This is my second watch. The first shut off and would not turn on
Orlando:
may i ask did you place the unit in the cradle
Me:
This watch randomly freezes and restarts and the I believe there's an issue with the accelerometer because the watch face with the compass constantly looses calibration and I have to move it in a figure 8 pattern to restart the compass function.
Me:
Yes it was fully charged. I tried restarting it in the cradle with no success
Me:
And I tried holding in the button until a long vibrate but it still wouldn't restart.
Orlando:
thanks and did you press the power button?
Me:
In any case, I presume these issues can be resolved with a software update. Can you tell me if LG is working on an update?
Me:
Yes, I pressed the power button
Orlando:
thanks may i ask when was the unit purchased ?
Me:
When this new (second) watch freezes, I have to hold in the power button until there's a long vibration and that restarts it.
Orlando:
may i ask have you attempted to reset the unit ?
Me:
I bought the first one at the AT&T store in MA. They did not have a replacement and issued a refund. I bought the second one at the AT&T store in MA
Me:
Yes, I have reset it a few times with no change in performance. I also noticed it's hard to get it to light up with a simple twist of the wrist. I have to let my arm hang to the side of my body, then lift my arm and it lights up. Between that and the compass issue, I suspect a problem with the accelerometer.
Orlando:
thanks and may i have the date of purchase please
Me:
I purchased the second watch from AT&T in MA on 11/14/14
Me:
Just this past Friday
Me:
I plan to return it unless I can be assured there is a fix in process
Orlando:
thanks in this case based on the issues you are reporting the unit will have to be sent in to the repair facility for evaluation
Me:
Can you tell me if there is an update? The build number on the watch I have now is KNX01R
Orlando:
sorry their is no updates available for this unit at this time
Me:
Ok - that's unfortunate. It's a nice product but with problems on two different watches, it appears clear to me that it was released with several bugs, or simply not well engineered. I will return it and get a different brand. Thanks and have a great day.
Orlando:
I am sorry to hear about this.
Orlando:
Thank you for your time and patience. It has been a pleasure to assist you today. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again. Thank you for choosing LG Electronics. We appreciate your business. Have a great day!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones