• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg G3 root gone after reboot

rex1989

Lurker
Jun 15, 2016
hi I have a Verizon lg g3 vs985 4g running android 6.0. I rooted my phone useing king root 1 click root but everyone I reboot the phone the root is gone and I have to reroot the phone every time I want to use anything root related. can anyone help me with this issue . ? thanks

With MM and Kingroot, that is what happens. If you reboot your phone, you have to run Kingroot again to root it. It will stay rooted as long as you do not reboot.

And there isn't any other rooting method for the MM version. I myself don't use Kingroot. It's from China and it uses the internet to supposedly download the latest version, but who knows what else it does? In fact, I'm not even rooted. No reason to be rooted for me. I used to root due to Titanium Backup, but the LG G3 comes with a very capable backup utility built into it in the settings section that does the same thing TiBu does as far as saving and restoring app settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones