• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lg Hidden Menu AP CP USB

alexsevers

Lurker
Jun 28, 2011
While mindlessly wandering through the Hidden Menu ( ##LGSERVICEMENU in dialer ) on my Marquee I came across a section called AP CP USB Switching. What it does is allow you to change your usb type.. From what I've gathered elsewhere "
AP = Application Processor
- What is running your phone OS + UI
CP = Cellular Processor (aka Baseband Processor, BP) - The actual radio/modem processor which does all the network stuff. (ARM based)"
I don't know if anyone else had a problem with this.. but my phone got very hot when charging, especially when covered or tethering. Also, when plugged into computer and tethering, it would lose batter, quite quickly. Now, after changing to AP USB it stays a lot cooler and charges faster!
Hopefully others can find this useful, provide information explaining it or maybe know of a better application/uses!

Reactions: MrMondayNight
how do i know what my service code is its asking for?

download aLogcat (free) from market. Open it and start the log. Hit the "home" button on the phone and go to dialer and enter ##3282# go to "data profile" hit "edit" and enter 000000. It will say it is wrong, hold the home button and switch back to aLogcat and pause it. Hit "filter" and type msl

After that you get that 6 digit code

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones