• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG lucid YouTube reviews (some)

xmr405o

Android Expert
Dec 7, 2009
Thanks but the LG Lucid is a complete failure....

Its SLOW, power hungry, it uses a CPU design (cortex a8) that is 2 YEARS old, there are phones you can get on Verizon for FREE with better specs and faster.

You have to understand that Verizon is helping Qualcomm and LG dump old stock of old chipsets and hardware to uneducated consumers. They are WELL known for doing this every time a new CPU architecture is being release in a few weeks.

Don't waste you time, money, and upgrade contract on this JUNK phone.

Upvote 0
Thanks but the LG Lucid is a complete failure....

Its SLOW, power hungry, it uses a CPU design (cortex a8) that is 2 YEARS old, there are phones you can get on Verizon for FREE with better specs and faster.

You have to understand that Verizon is helping Qualcomm and LG dump old stock of old chipsets and hardware to uneducated consumers. They are WELL known for doing this every time a new CPU architecture is being release in a few weeks.

Don't waste you time, money, and upgrade contract on this JUNK phone.

Damn dude, holding a grudge or something? Are you going to post this in every thread in the Lucid section? Obviously you don't like the phone because its not a super next gen device. Your opinion is noted.

I've used the phone, my GF just got one. Seems to be a nice device if you aren't looking for the super top of the line phone. Has 4G, a smaller screen size for those who don't need a damn-near-tablet-sized device, and a quick processor. I was watching youtube vids on it and they looked great and loaded very fast. No issues with it so far. She's coming from an OG Droid and didn't want to spend hundreds on a new phone. This one was $30 after mail-in rebate. Considering replacing my Droid Pro with this as well.

No, it's not going to compete with the Nexus or Razr on any level, but its not meant to. Personally, I don't like giant phones and won't be buying one. This is one of the very few phones with a 4" screen, which is the biggest I'd ever need and want.

Reactions: sdrawkcab25
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones