• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

LG Motion Carrier Flash/Switch

kanishk619

Apr 21, 2012
Please perform these steps with your metropcs sim card ejected. The phone mode is set to RUIM_Pref from factory and if the card is found, it will try to read info from the sim itself which will not help.

So i'm trying to figure out on getting the motion flashed to other carrier, till now i was able to get talk,text and only 1x data working. Whenever i set the mode to EVDO only, the phone signals goes away and it will not latch to EVDO network no matter what i try.

To overcome this issue, i need the NV dump from a working phone to check whether the issue is with the phone or with my configuration. Below are the steps to obtain the NV from the phone.

1) Go to Online MEID Converter - Convert ESN,MEID, and IMEI from HEX/DEC with MetroPCS SPC and enter your meid and click convert, it will give you the metroPCS SPC for your device.

2) Plug the phone to PC via USB Cable and select USB Tethering (If it takes long enough to process, you can simply press the back button).

3) Download NV_Reader_Writer(NVRW) from here

4) Open the NVRW program.
1.png

5) Click on port as shown in the below pic and double click on LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port.
2.png

6) Enter the MSL you obtained in highlighted 1 area and check both the boxes, click on connect and then click on read (2nd highlighted area). Finally click on the 3rd Read button.
3.png

7) It will start reading the NV from your phone and will look something like this.
4.png

Finally save the NV, zip/rar it and upload it to somewhere. Please do not post the link in here.

PS: For anybody having security concerns, the NV will obtain the MDN/MIN and your EVDO username, it will not be having any passwords, akey/ssd_a/ssd_b. I'm not aware what metroPCS uses for the authentication, maybe they use mobile number as evdo password, so please do not post it in the thread. It would be better if someone who is having past experience of flashing carrier will provide a working dump with edited parameters.

Alternatively, if someone can guide me on what partition contains the EFS of this phone, that will be useful too. I have used some programs to delete the EFS but it will not do anything. I have also tried to zero fill the MODEMST1 and MODEMST2 with blank img file in hope of getting the NV to reset which didn't helped.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones