1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

LG Thrill Delayed AGAIN!!! "Sept 4"General

Last Updated:

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

At&t is pushing 2.3 out quickly. Atrix and the inspire both have 2.3. Infuse is scheduled to update if it hasn't been pushed out yet. That's all the new devices. I think if its not coming with 2.3 it'll be out in about a month.

Advertisement
  2. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Member

LG has lost me with these delays. I've had my iPhone 3G (3G, not 3GS) for 20 months now... I can wait another two and make a choice between the Nexus Prime and iPhone 5.
  3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

4. Gil de Piento

Gil de Piento Member

Based on the rumored specs the Prime would be my phone of choice between the two. The thing that pulled me towar the Thrill in the first place wasn't the 3D but the fact that it's a solid phone and it's ONLY $80 on contract. That's the only thing that's keeping me even remotely interested in it. I'm a sucker for screen size though (especially after using this little 3.5" screen for so long) and the Prime sounds like it's going to deliver. The Thrill isn't bad though.
  5. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

If your a sucker for screen size the "holiday" should be releasing in the next few months. But one thing I don't like is a snapdragon processor.

Exclusive: HTC Holiday for AT&T in the wild -- 4G LTE, 1.2GHz, 4.5-inch qHD display -- Engadget
  6. Gr8Danes

Gr8Danes Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I think the main reason why I want the Thrill right now is the 3D. I currently have the Atrix, and personally think it's great (Unlocked and customized of course). Has plenty of power and never lags. I think I would keep the Thrill as more of a toy for the 3D capabilities and then have a secondary phone as the powerhouse. I am eyeing up the Prime as well and when that comes out, I'll pawn my Atrix off on my wife. ;)
  7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I want it cause the power and the 3D. Its a device that's different because of that effect plus its a powerhouse. Coming from a Captivate there's so much more to this phone then the captivate. Front facing camera, dual processors, bigger screen, working gps, 3D, camera flash and better built quality. The only thing I'll miss is the super amoled display.

One week boys & girls....lets hope this time it gets released in time.
  8. Gr8Danes

......here's hoping.

I left my name and number with the phone sales guy at Target. He says he will call me as soon as they arrive. Here's where I say that I'm hoping that it could be before the launch date.......and he did say I would be the first to get one. They usually get shipments on Mondays I heard.

Yea, probably just getting my hopes up once again. LOL
  9. Gr8Danes

It's official. They just announced it on facebook. Sept. 4th it is.
  10. bigjerries

bigjerries Well-Known Member

Awesome!! I cant wait to pick mine up on Sunday.:D
  11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I might just call off work to go get mine.
  12. illegalblaq

illegalblaq Active Member

I already requested off for this Sunday :)
  13. Gr8Danes

Just waiting for this forum to light on fire. :D

Can't wait.
  14. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

Just in time to give it a thorough going-over before the SGS-II comes out.
  15. Gr8Danes

Funny thing is.......called 4 different stores today (Best Buy, Radio Shack, AT&T, and Target), and none have it yet. Target actually said not until the 8th but will be retailing for $30.

Talk about last minute shipping.
  16. CountZer0

CountZer0 Member

Same here i called several Radio Shacks and Target. I was placed on "call" lists but other than that I didn't get any solid info.
  17. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Radioshack gets their shipments in on Friday mornings. So IR depends on certain stores if they wanna release them early.
    CountZer0 likes this.
  18. chgachet

chgachet Active Member

saw it on the costco website for 29.00 this morning, they told me that they will have them at the warehouse on Monday..
  19. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

damn!!!!
  20. Gr8Danes

........but Best Buy will price comp.

;)
  21. CountZer0

CountZer0 Member

Sadly some stores consider Sams Club and Costco as "Wholesale" club membership stores and not "Local Retail" stores. Its kinda iffy. I havn't personally had any experience with price matching Costco or Sams Club, but good luck never hurts to try.

Looks like I was totally wrong!!!!

This may shed some light:

Quote from Best Buy Forum: BBY - Price Matching - Specifics regarding "Local Compet... - Page 2 - Best Buy: Unboxed

1. Best Buy
  22. Gr8Danes

Target will also have it for $30, so maybe they will price comp. them then.
  23. geekincognito

geekincognito Member

Not one store I've called so far has even gotten these in yet.