• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Limited Network Access???

wml52

Lurker
Jul 25, 2015
I have a Galaxy S5 which I use with a Jawbone Era headset. I recently discovered an issue I can't seem to resolve. The problem is when I have my bluetooth headset enabled and try to use a Google command like "navigate to such and such" I get a message stating that I have limited network access and I'm limited to only being able to make calls. However if I enable my wifi I can access any Google command and it works just fine with the headset.

I then disabled the wifi and disabled the headset and tried the navigate command speaking through the phone and it worked fine.

I'm at a loss as to why I get the limited network access message when bluetooth headset is enabled and there is no wifi. It's pretty annoying when I'm traveling and can't access google navigation or any google command besides making calls via the headset.

Any suggestions as to what it could be or what I could check would be appreciated.

Thanks to all
Bill

I have a Galaxy S5 which I use with a Jawbone Era headset. I recently discovered an issue I can't seem to resolve. The problem is when I have my bluetooth headset enabled and try to use a Google command like "navigate to such and such" I get a message stating that I have limited network access and I'm limited to only being able to make calls. However if I enable my wifi I can access any Google command and it works just fine with the headset.

I then disabled the wifi and disabled the headset and tried the navigate command speaking through the phone and it worked fine.

I'm at a loss as to why I get the limited network access message when bluetooth headset is enabled and there is no wifi. It's pretty annoying when I'm traveling and can't access google navigation or any google command besides making calls via the headset.

Any suggestions as to what it could be or what I could check would be appreciated.

Thanks to all
Bill

I had exact same problem. It turned out that "Restrict Background Data" was set to "on" for Google App on my device. Once I set it to "off", everything started working.
Go to "Data Usage" in settings, scroll down and tap "Google App" and set "Restrict Background Data" to off.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones