Link Facebook profiles with People, but not numbers!Support

Last Updated:

1. jsp_1983

jsp_1983 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have an incredibly annoying problem with my People contacts, where if I link a contact's Facebook account to their profile on my phone, People also decides to add in their phone numbers! This means I end up with duplicate phone numbers to choose from (for example, when selecting a contact to send an SMS to) or numbers that have been incorrectly added to Facebook by the contact (made up numbers or incorrect international dialing codes).

All I want is to link the Facebook account and NOT have the contact details automatically added.

The only contacts I have set up to view in People are my Google contacts - 'Facebook for HTC Sense' is unticked.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

if when you are selecting a contact to send an sms too, you are going into the message app first then selecting the contact, you are kind of not using people and therefore are bypassing people's view settings. Unfortunately this is the way it is (or at least was when I used HTC sense)

3. jsp_1983

Problem is, even in People, the Facebook contact details are being added (and therefore creating duplicates or incorrect additional numbers) when I don't want them to.

I don't want to have to de-link a contact from their Facebook account, but this seems to be the only way of stopping the annoyance.

4. SUroot

I'll be honest, I had to get rid of people (htc sense) due to google - facebook issues. I found it buggy.

I never found work arounds that were reasonable for my issues.

Hopefully someone will come along with an answer.

5. jsp_1983

Fair enough. I'll look in to alternatives...

6. SUroot

It's not really though is it? You pay all this money for a wicked phone and the software is dodgy...

Tell you what though, rooting and custom Rom - my phones so much better than it was

7. jsp_1983

Well, no, it's not on - but I can't imagine in a million years HTC getting round to doing anything about it.

I rooted mine to run a Leedroid 2.2 ROM. Better than the 2.1 that came with the handset, supplied by Three.

8. Saint_Viper

Saint_Viper Active Member

Not a exact fix to your problem, but the only way i could get round it was to do the following

---------------------------

Click on Phone

Find a contact with a incorrect number (as mentioned starts 44)
    Long press on the contact
    Then click View contact
    Scroll down and press edit
    Change the mobile (This should have the proper contact number in it) to another option (Fax for example)
    Click Save
    Long press on the changed option above(Fax) and select "Set as primary number"
    Select edit again
    Change the Fax option back to mobile and click save.
    This will make the proper number the default again rather than the facebook number.

TheDaddy likes this.
  9. TheDaddy

TheDaddy New Member

Cheers Saint_Viper

I had one often used contact I needed to change - your fix worked perfectly.

Genius!

10. lukeellix

lukeellix New Member

This has been seriously pissing me off for ages, one other alternative is to ask your friend to add a plus at the beginning of their number on Facebook that way when you link them the international code works on your phone.

11. daniel1988

daniel1988 New Member

I'm facing the very same issue and it's totally annoying ;(((((

If anyone comes with a (non-root) solution for this, please post.

(have some people in the contacts with fb number from different country - don't want to end up with sending international sms or even international call, by mistake)

-- Daniel