• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Linux flasher for Galaxy S?

So, I've had my Galaxy S for a couple of days and overall I'm really happy with it. I would however like to test the Froyo images on this phone and after digging around for a while I did find the images needed, but much to my surprise there was only a flasher too for Windows :(

Is it really true that Samsung hasn't released a native Linux version of the flasher? They must have one, since no doubt their Linux developers use it. Could this actually be something that Nokia does better. At least they provide flashers for all the major platforms (Win, Mac, Linux) for their Linux based phones even if the Nokia/Ovi suite is Win only.

I honestly hope I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind a firmware that can see all of my devices memory...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones