• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

list all the samsung fascinate issues you experienced

usb plug in port cheaply made...problems later with phone not charging correctly. also not showing how much charge you really have in battery display.

the phone not wanting to connect to webpage. the phone stays in a standby mode while it should be accessing webpage. when this happens you know phone is done for.

it locks up from time to time and forcloses the app.

headset speaker squeels very badly with an echo. hurts ear.

when using swype keyboard annoying tip indicator pops up. even if it's turned off.have this problem still......

this is my 5th fascinate..this one is working well...did samsung fix issues??

Other than the general lag because of the type of file system Samsung used, the only functional problem I've run into is a weak WiFi....chip??? Upstairs in my house all my laptops, iDevices, HTC Incredible, etc. can pick up a nice semi-strong WiFi signal from my router no problem. My Fascinate, however, is another story. It drops out half the time.

Upvote 0
is that when I am on the phone with someone (using actual handset, not bluetooth etc) when I go to hang up, the main screen is frozen b/c the pulldown task bar from the top has somehow been activated, have to pull down the task bar and end the call from there. No biggie, just another "under the skin" thing.

Upvote 0
when using swype keyboard annoying tip indicator pops up.
Jrife, I rooted my phone and installed the SuperClean 2.9 operating system, and it seems to have installed a newer version of the Swype keyboard that doesn't have any popups. I read on the author's page that too many people were complaining how the popups save typing errors, making them too irritating to use. It also bothered my that it would save passwords, popping up the whole password after only the first letter was typed. None of that occurs now that I've installed SuperClean.

However, I've now switched to the Swift Key keyboard. After giving it a good chance, I've decided to stick with it. Instead of swyping, it speeds things up by predicting what you're going to type next...it then puts three predicted words just above the keys. Very often you can enter several words in a row simply by tapping the predictions. Other times the correct prediction will come up after only the first letter or two is entered. And the more you use it, the better it gets at predicting. Overall I can enter text faster with it that with Swype.

Regarding irritations with the Fascinate, nobody has mentioned the GPS, which often takes a long time to lock on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones