• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Skeletronix

Feb 17, 2010
Philthadelphia
I've posted this a few times in the 2.1v3 thread and I really appreciate peoples responses. However, it appears that I may be the only one with this problem so what I really need is a solution.

When I open the people app and select "my contact card" it just keeps attempting to load to no avail. I've erased and re-synced my contacts a few times (pita) and tried everything I can think of. Granted its not the end of the world, but I like seeing my pic in the messaging threads (vain, I know).

I updated to v3 yesterday if that helps. I've also tried the usual rebooting, battery pull, etc. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

That may be the problem. With mine, I can go into the contact card, but the only thing it shows me is my facebook info. I have to hit menu > edit to fill in any of the other info.

You may want to check your gmail account and see if you are listed anywhere in your contacts.

Thanks OTD

Its strange, I have myself in my contacts, but thats different than my contact card. And its the contact card that shows up in messages etc. When I attempt to edit, it shows the info for a split second then closes back to the loading screen. Very frustrating.

Upvote 0
Thanks OTD

Its strange, I have myself in my contacts, but thats different than my contact card. And its the contact card that shows up in messages etc. When I attempt to edit, it shows the info for a split second then closes back to the loading screen. Very frustrating.

Odd

Did you have yourself as a contact before this happened? It may be causing a conflict.

Upvote 0
I'm not even sure if that (signing up for facebook) would work. I can't even open the contact let alone edit it. It seems like the phone is searching for the info. Are you suggesting that the only place the phone looks is facebook?

No, I'm just saying that is the only content I have for the card. Since it has to grab that content from someplace and the only thing that I have on mine that shows my actual full name is my facebook account and my contact card shows that as well.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones