1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Live Score, Sportstap, Score Mobile...best updates

Last Updated:

1. powerplayj

powerplayj Member This Topic's Starter

I was primarily using Sportstap as my app for multiple sports updates but, it doesn't seem to update as well as others. Live Score seems to be the fastest with updates but the interface is a bit drab. Score Mobile is more attractive but the widget is a bit bigger than I want.

While I have the Verizon NFL and NHL apps for those respective sports, i would like something for college football. Are there any better apps (fast updates, attractive interface) than the ones i have mentioned?

Advertisement
  2. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Good discussion of live scores here
    http://androidforums.com/android-applications/195247-android-live-scores.html
    Developer is taking suggestions.

There's also google scoreboard, but not lighting up my notification light was a deal breaker for me.

I just switched to live scores from sportstap. Sportstap was driving me nuts with giving notifications when the was no change in score. Plus the developers ignore all emails to sport.

3. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

The ESPN scorecenter app is my favorite sports app by far, it has a great widget and seems to update almost right along with the games.

4. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Perhaps. But it doesn't offer system notifications of game scoring, which, for me, is the best feature of these sports apps.

5. FlyersKid

FlyersKid Well-Known Member

Is there a way we can get the scoring summaries of each team/sport on the same page as the "gamecenter screen", instead of having to navigate to the scoring summary with the tabs????