• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I Have a Vodafone smart 4 mini and my brother was messing around on root explorer and may have messed up build.props because when I turn it on it straight after the vodafone thing it goes to a black screen and a loading icon and doesn't go away I am rooted and have already tried to factory reset via recovery mode power button+volume up but it still goes to the same thing PLZZZZZZ HELP PS. I don't have a pc

Hi WhaddupHomie, welcome to Android Forums.

It's impossible to give any advice about fixing your problem without knowing the actual problem in the first place, but my advice would be to do a factory reset, which will unfortunately also erase all user data from the phone.

I have no experience of your phone nor do I know which recovery you are using but in general the procedure is to boot into recovery and find the option to reset to factory default - which hopefully should bring your phone back to life.

It may also help if this enquiry is moved to the forum dedicated to your phone, but let's wait and see if it gets more input here. In the meantime perhaps you could fill in some details: is it a stock or a custom ROM? Which recovery was used? That sort of stuff :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones