• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lock Screen NONE choice not available when Exchange setup?

netmation

Lurker
May 8, 2014
I have a problem with Samsung Galaxy S5. Once I setup a mail connection to my Exchange Email server all Screen Lock choices are grayed out except for PIN and Password, including the "none" option. If I go to Device Administrator it shows "Email" with a check mark, and "Android Device Admin" with no check. I can uncheck email and that will get all my Screen Lock choices back but will delete my Exchange Server settings and mailbox.

Is there no way to have the Galaxy S5 setup with Exchange and to have NONE as the option for screen lock password?

Saw directions on the S4 that you could clear credentials, but I am not showing any credentials on the S5. Also I do not have an SD card, so no encryption. And the phone is not encrypted either. Also tried the NoLock app, but that did not correct problem either with the S5.

Any thoughts, on what else I can try?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones