• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help locked screen during phone calls

ChadWilliam1

Jul 16, 2011
Cincinnati
When I am making a phone call to a place such as a pharmacy its a pain to unlock the screen while on the phone to type in the prescription number. If I press if the power button to unlock it and start typing in the number it will lock while I am typing in the number. I have looked into the settings but I can not seem to find the settings to adjust this but its very annoying.

Thanks Chad.

When I am making a phone call to a place such as a pharmacy its a pain to unlock the screen while on the phone to type in the prescription number. If I press if the power button to unlock it and start typing in the number it will lock while I am typing in the number. I have looked into the settings but I can not seem to find the settings to adjust this but its very annoying.

Thanks Chad.
Sounds like a bad proximity sensor... your phone shouldn't need to be "unlocked" well on a call, ever, it should turn off the screen when it is close to you (less than about 4 inches) and turn the screen on automatically when you pull it away from your head. The proximity sensor looks kind of like a camera, just at the top of the V in Verizon, check to see if there is dust/dirt or your case is interfering with it.

If you have root, then you may be able to calibrate the sensor with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incredicontrol.ProxSensorCalibrator

It is actually quite common in the Rezound for this sensor to fail, some actually shipped that way and people don't even know it is defective.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones