• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help logout from google account

henyarmo

Lurker
Mar 10, 2011
Hi
I have a question popular here in the forum, but have not yet found an answer that helped me solve the problem.
I'm trying to log out from my Google account in my experia 8 (tried to logout from the market, gmail, google talk...), but without success. Trying to add another account, also without success. Has anyone found a way to log out his Google account? is this possible?
I tried also to reset the settings- but it didn't help.

What should I DO??

thank you very much

Try Settings>Applications>Manage Applications, then if you are on 2.1 press Menu button and Filter>All. Then find all your google type apps and clear data and clear cache. This should clear off your log in data.

If this doesn't work you can run a repair on either Sony Ericsson Update Service or PC Companion. This will wipe your phone back to factory settings so you can then set up the google account you want on the phone. The only thing I would draw to your attention is that any paid apps are tied to the Google account they were purchased on. Free market apps you can just reinstall.

Make sure you have a copy or sync of your contacts and if you have any sms that you don't want to lose get a back up of them too.

Upvote 0
Hi N00b here...

You cannot logout of your account if you only have one account

To Add Accounts to Xperia X8:
<Settings><Accounts & sync><Add account>

after adding accounts you can manipulate which account you want to use.
OR
After adding accounts you can delete the unwanted account.

If you only want one account you have to restore to factory settings and start over

Erase all data on the Xperia X8 (Restore Factory Settings)
<Settings><Privacy><Factory data reset>

Reset phone settings without erasing user data
<settings><Privacy><Settings reset>

cheers ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones