• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Looking for a SIMPLE/OLD FASHIONED screen lock

Hi can anyone tell me where i can find a simple screen lock app for my x10?

I don't want anything fancy, nor do i want an app which also locks access to other individual apps on my phone.

All i want is an app which locks my home screen by the use of letters or numbers (like a password i can create myself)
These types of password existed on most if not all moby's in the beginning but i can't find one anywhere.

I too am in desperate need of an app that changes the screen lock from requiring a pattern to requiring a pin number. I run an xperia x10 and thanks to the poor quality touch screen, if i even have slightly sweaty fingers (which is often the case) it is impossible for me to successfully input the pattern without it glitching out.

The annoying thing is the the buttons on an x10, unlike an iphone, protrude from the phone and get mashed in my pocket. even with the screen lock active, my pocket still manages to guess my unlock pattern and spam messages to my girlfriends' parents.

so can anyone PLEASE point me in the direction of a useful app to change this? thanks, ando

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones