• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

looking for app that ties GPS to shopping list

dosmastr

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
Hi,

I'm getting my first android phone in about a month and im psyched. I've spent the last month wiritng down all the things I want my new smartphone to do.

After searching the marketplace I was happy to see a huge selection of apps that will fit the bill of what I'm looking to do --- one is a bit elusive though

I would like to get an app that gives me a list of things I need to do at this location whenever I arrive there.

Say I left my hat at a friends house, have the phone remind me to grab my hat the next time the GPS detects that I've pulled into that friend's driveway.

Or maybe have the app read off the shopping list of things I wanted to get at this particular store (before I go to another one down the street that has a different list)

I'd also love to be able to add to that list via voice command (for when I'm driving home and remembering all the crap that I forgot to add to the list for the trip I just made.)

Also is there a navigation app that takes not only traffic but also stop lights into account?

So long as its a one time fee and the app does what I want it to I'm not averse to paying a fair sum for it.

Thanks for the help and suggestions,
andrew

Remember the Milk and I believe Astrid does this. But i never have used that function.

As for traffic lights Google Maps does take traffic lights into consideration, I think all navigation apps do automatically suggesting the route that has the least lights. But google tells you live traffic and warns you of roads under construction as well.

Upvote 0
wow, locale does look like a pretty neat app, one I had not found despite browsing numerous "top ### android apps" type articles. I was not sure if tasker could uh, plug in?, to GPS software but this ones selling point is that it does for sure!

Does seem more powerful than setting times for phone ringer to be off or on. Curious, android can be set to always use wifi when available rather than 3g/4g right (don't need this app to do that right?)

Upvote 0
Some examples with Locale with me is, 1 when my phone is plugged in and its after 10pm at night my screen is dimmed down to 30%, 2 if im at work Wifi is off, blue tooth is off, wallpaper is checker plate and ringtone is a loud Seether song, if I am at home my wallpaper is a desert wifi is on 3g is off as is bluetooth, ringtone is something quiet, if I go to the supermarket and Astrid has a todo to buy a new mop head it will remind me when I get there, Locale also predicts where you are going by looking at your route making it faster

Reactions: Degnr8
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones