• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for app that will let me specify apps to load at boot.

cggorman

Android Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2010
I've got a couple apps that I like that don't run at boot and should. (master volume control and SMS scheduler) Is there an app that will let me run like batch file or other to specify what programs run at boot? I see a few that will let me ignore/skip apps at boot, but nothing that will let me add...

Startup Auditor in the market. Good reviews, i tried it and it didnt get along with some of my apps, or I set it up wrong, regardless, I'm pretty sure it was human error because the reviews are largely positive.

Check out Startup Auditor. It also prevents apps from opening after start. I've read that some people have saved a lot of battery using this feature.

Upvote 0
I'm going to try this startup auditor.
I have not been able to figure out how to switch between supposedly running apps. Like I usually have a spreadsheet open and when I do something else I have to go back to docs to go and hit spreadsheet then it opens the open spreadsheet. There must be a way to just switch to it isn't there?

Upvote 0
If you are rooted and have busybox installed then I suspect that you have a file called /etc/init.d/20userinit which allows you to just add the commandline commands to start your app(s) in a file called /sdcard/userinit.sh... if the file doesn't exist just create it and add the commands you want started at boot in the file which you can manage via your pc even by mounting the sdcard and editing...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones