• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for flash notification app that has no blink limit

catchingup

Dec 13, 2014
Every camera flash notification/call/sms app I've tried has a hard limit on the number of times the camera led will blink.

The problem is, if I'm not near my phone, and it blinks only 10 times and stops, I will not know I have notifications.

Is there an app that can set the camera flash to blink endlessly?

Just got tasker. works nice for the most part.

I had to download tesla led, then set tasker to blink it every 20 seconds unless I wake up the screen, which will turn off the task.
(run task; if screen on, end task)

end task if screen on is just a workaround for what I really want.

What I really wanted, and can't figure out, is how do I end the task when I swipe/dismiss the notification.
This doesn't seem intuitive.
(if dismiss notification, then end task)

Upvote 0
For the original question ...

Tasker supports triggering a Task when a notification appears. It can be a specific app and/or title or general. *,* would be any app and any title.

Unforunatly for this case what you want is an enter task that repeats the led blink over and over and an exit task that stops the blinking.

Standard Tasker does not support an Exit task for the Notification trigger. Perhaps you can find a plug-in that does.

You might also want to investigate MacroDroid.

... Thom

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones