• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Looking for my first android phone

sammino

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Long time iphone user but been wanting to get an iphone for some time. I recently decided that I will go ahead and get one and been heavily considering The Nexus S because of the standard android install it has (and ability to get updates as soon as released).

I was looking at the Nexus S that was being sold at Best Buy which works on the TMobile network. I did some research and I am pretty sure that it is compatible with France/Israel 3g networks. This is important because I will be traveling there often and need to have the ability to use local cell phone company sim cards w/ 3g.

Now what is holding back is that I read that some people have had a lot of trouble with wifi/3g reception with this phone. Additionally, It is a older phone compaered to whats coming out now with dual core cpu phones like the G2X, Samsung s2 etc...

So my question is, for 529 (unlocked price), is it the best and only choice for me? If not, what are my other options out there? Remember must be unlocked and be able to work in France and Israel.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones