• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help lookong for opinions

DWFII

Jul 6, 2016
ᴡᴡᴡ.dwfii.sexy17.ru
I am looking to upgrade from a Samsung Galaxy S2.

My criteria are:

A good to great camera. The camera and the quality of the photos is important to me.
Unlocked gsm.
Replaceable battery

I am looking at going with Cricket as the carrier.

So I have a couple of questions and I would welcome feedback and opinions

I am looking at the Samsung Galaxy S5 G900A 16GB (not sure about camera megapixels).

OR

The LG G3 32GB w/13mp camera.

What are the pros and cons of these two phones side-by-side?

Are there any other phones I could / should be looking at?

Last edited:
I shopped these 2 phones recently and the G3 was cheaper. I thought the specs were fairly similar.

I bought the G3 and it is my backup phone. I didn't need the fingerprint scanner so the price was too good to pass up ($99 refurbished)

The G3 did have a bootloop issue but I have not experienced that as it was refurbished. I bought an unlocked T-mobile branded version and have used it on MetroPCS w/no issues.

G3 w/32 gb and 3gb RAM.

Reactions: Bg260
Upvote 0
Yeah, there's something to be said for the Amoled display though.

And the HDMI output.

And USB-OTG

Edit:
The S5 is my first inclination but I wonder how much difference the 16GB vs the 32GB makes?

As far as that goes. They both have expandable storage. Which is good. JIC something happens and you have to reset. Having important data on an external sdcard is a great benefit.

Last edited:
Reactions: tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones