• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Lookout Mobile Security App (Must HAVE!!!)

JMac202

Android Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2010
So I downloaded an app in the market place in January or so. It was supposed to backup all your contacts, pics and call logs. Plus you could locate your phone online in case you lost it and make it play an annoying loud siren sound. Not to mention you can wipe the phone if its gone just by having this app installed on your phone. The phone also scans your phone and apps periodically to check for viruses.(Not sure if it really does any good but it does scan) It also periodically backs up all you data every day or two.

Well Sprint broke my phone when I was having the dust issue resolved yesterday. Not all my contacts were synced like they should of been etc etc. When they broke my phone they ruined the screen and they couldnt hook it up to the machine to transfer my numbers from the old phone to the new. Therefor I lost about 20 numbers...or so I thought.

I logged into the site and boom there was ALL of my contacts!!!! Saved my day. Even had my pics (but they were on the SD card so I didnt lose them)

I suggest you search in the Marketplace for "Lookout Mobile Security" it's definitely a must have app. Just the backup stuff is awesome.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones